Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Cabin FIlter/POllen FIlter

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  nomisco 
#1 ·
Where is it on a T31 and how do you change it?

#4 ·
Umbongo has given instructions on how to do this job, the pictures are great the actual access is ****** awful, you will need a handmirror and a torch or light and that's after you take the glovebox out. Being a contortionist would be useful too, still glad it's only a once a year job, I cannot believe the main dealers do this one regularly!
Good Luck

#5 ·
Mine should be changed at the first M3 service in a few weeks time, but how will I know? On my previous car a Mazda 6 I notice the blower was not as good as it should be, so I took out the pollen filter (easy job) and am certain that it had never been changed at the Mazda service. It was full of dust, small leaves and general ****. After I replaced it the blower and AC were back to normal.

#6 ·
OK done this job for the second time this time was a little easier:
Take the glovebox out as per the instructions but access is much easier if you prise out the passenger side transmission tunnel cover it pops on and off held on with 4 clips, then you dont need the mirror to see the filter cover.

#7 ·
Just bought a (genuine) filter from eBay for about £10 delivered. Looking in the T31 service manual it looks like the filter should be changed every year. I've attached a nice picture of the new one and the old one together (can you tell which is which :lol: )?

There are also air flow direction arrows on the side of the filter, the one I pulled out was in the wrong way!

Attachments

#9 ·
Inspired by this thread I just pulled mine out. Absolutely honking! The main dealer I bought the car from had obviously 'serviced' this with the same amount of care and attention that they paid to the air filter, ie none at all. I'm sure both were still the originals after 40k miles.

Got a new one on order from ebay, should take about 10 minutes to install when it arrives.

Thanks to Umbongo for the instructions.

#10 ·
If I read it correctly, the T31 (Nissan) workshop manual stipulates that the filter should be changed every year. I only bought the car a couple of weeks ago and it was supposed to have a 'Full Franchised' service history (bold text is verbatim from the dealer website). If the service had been carried out to Nissan spec, then this should have been changed in May this year, only 200 miles ago! Below is a capture from the Nissan workshop manual. Although this page is for the M9R engine, I would imagine that the air conditioner filter applies to all versions:

(Just to add that the 'R' denotes 'Replace')

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.