Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to inspect the cam chain and sprockets etc using a USB camera? Just for piece of mind really not got an actual issue, just wondering if it's possible to spot any sprocket wear or anything untoward before something breaks?
Only got low mileage on mine but its a 10 year old car now so would a look see hurt?

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
You really can not do that without removing the chain cover. Search M9R chain onYT.

just do an oil change every 6k miles, or once a year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You really can not do that without removing the chain cover. Search M9R chain onYT.

just do an oil change every 6k miles, or once a year.
I change the oil regularly and it should be fine but I just wondered if there was a way of doing it? Is it not possible to just ease the cover edge up or anything?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not only is it siliconed on, but you would have to remove quite a bit before you could even get to it. If it was easy to do I would like to take a look at mine too as it had done 126,000 miles.

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
749 Posts
You know the old saying "If it's not broken" I know for a fact if it was a 30min job to take the cover off, it would take me all day and I would break something doing it :cry:,just keep up with regular oil changes .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts