Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car owners set to benfit from eu changes 28/5/2010, By Press Association

NEW LEGISLATION from the European Union may make it cheaper for new car owners to get their vehicles serviced and maintained, the Financial Times newspaper has reported.

New rules due to be implemented from June will prevent manufacturers from demanding that car owners used authorised workshops or risk voiding the vehicle warranty.

EU officials told the Financial Times that they expect this to result in cheaper vehicle maintenance for owners.

With repair bills amounting to an estimated 40 per cent of a vehicle's running costs, car owners are likely to benefit from the changes to vehicle manufacturer's 'block exemption', which has allowed car makers to keep a tight grip on who can offer parts and services for their vehicles. Competition rules prevent this from happening in most European industries.

From June, 'block exemption' will know longer apply to authorised repair networks with a market share of 30 per cent or more.

·
Registered
186 Posts
NISSAN HAVE NEVER SAID THAT YOUR CAR HAS TO BE SERVICED BY A MAIN DEALER THEY USED TO SAY THAT YOU HAD TO USE GEN. PARTS..... BUT I TOOK IT UP WITH THEM AND WAS TOLD SO LONG AS ITS LIKE 4 LIKE PARTS ( FILTERS OIL ) ITS OK... AND THAT THE SERVICE BOOK IS STAMPED BY A VAT. REG. GARAGE.. GIVE THEM A RING THE PHONE NO. IS IN ALL YOUR SERVICE BOOKS..... :thumbs:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All very well until something goes wrong when it's been serviced at an independent garage and your vehicles still under guarantee you'll see how Nissan respond as to who's at fault then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
had the intercooler go phoned nissan uk got the sp. off them then go to the dealer.... dot all the iiiis and cross all the teeeeees. and i must say nissan newport were very good and did the job while i walked around the retail park.... just phone nissan uk 1st...mind you with Ford the 1st year is with ford and the 2nd &3rd year is with the dealer and it has tobe serviced with a ford dealer or its bye,bye :bigcry:

·
Registered
210 Posts
it even has the details about filter change and oil change in the drivers handbook so i guess nissan predict that owners are going to service there own car so they may aswell show them how to do it properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.