Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The central locking on the front passenger side has been noisy for a few years but as we are now looking to sell it, I thought I’d replace it as it might put some people off.

The problem is I can’t find a replacement any where. I can find the part for the other doors. Does anybody know if the rear will fit the front or some where that I can find the part I need please? Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't know if the locks are the same on a T32 as on my T31, but, if so, there's a potentially easy fix with no cost except for 5-10mins of your time.

On my car the drivers door started to buzz loudly on locking. Like you I started looking at replacement parts and googling the issue. The locks appeared to be of Renault manufacture and, if you look on Partsouq that should give you the part number to Google should my suggestion not work. In my search for Renault parts I found a couple of threads mentioning this buzzing noise and a simple fix. There is a small pin which tends to loosen, allowing an internal gear to vibrate when locking. This pin just needs pushing back in!

If you google Nissan/Renault noisy/buzzing lock or similar you'll find a number of youtube videos, some of which suggest stripping the door down It was not necessary on mine.I needed to remove the 3 Torx bolts securing the lock to the door frame, then use a large screwdriver to push the lock outwards towards the outer door skin. You should then be able to shine a torch down the gap to see a small (1-2mm dia) pin protruding a couple of mm from the body of the lock. It can be a bit fiddly to push back. I used the curved handle of a teaspoon to rest against the pin and a screwdriver behind the handle to provide the necessary pressure. If the noise has been present for a while you may need to try a couple of different angle/tools. Once in the noise has gone.

There's an example of fixing a Nissan Note here Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this, I’ll have a look later and fingers crossed this will sort the issue. Hopefully it hasn’t damaged anything, being like this for probably 5 years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine was like it when I bought it, don't know how long it had been like it, but it was probably another 18 months before I researched and fixed it. Had to fix it again last week some 3.5 years later. Suspect that the longer the fault is left (and consequent number of lock/unlock cycles) the shorter the period between fixes. It's apparently a common fault on Renault and Nissan vehicles. If it was likely to cause damage, I'd have thought it would be easier to identify and procure replacement parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for telling me about that pin. Less than 5 minutes to sort and it’s back to being nice and quiet again. Thanks for the advice, saved me time and a few quid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts