Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I do some work with the 4x4 response group locally and I am looking for better off road tyres.

I just popped into my local tyre dealer who suggested I might want to get a different set of wheels.

Because of the difficult size he suggested if I were to get a set of steel 15" wheels they could supply me with tyres that have a larger diameter and also a more aggressive tread for my off-road work. They also reckon it shouldn't put the speedo out too much.

This would be ideal as I could then swap them over in the winter.

I am hoping to find a set in the scrap yard, but I am not sure what car wheels will fit, (to go over the brakes etc.) does anyone have any ideas?

Will this affect the computer/4x4 system?

:headbang:

·
Registered
210 Posts
im not sure that very true as ive seen loads of tyres that will fit the standard xtrail alloys, It would be much harder to find steel wheels with a 5 bolt 115 pattern i think. i have a set of winter tyres that have huge tread on them, Yokohama Geolander ATS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its a bit late now but you can get general grabber AT2' s in the standard x-trail size 215/65/16 now. as soon as i have sourced a second set for wheels thats what wil be going on mine.

Thanks

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.