Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it's possible to change the colour of the dash and instrument lights?
Is it the bulbs which are amber or is there a amber filter in the cluster and controls?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi walkabout

As far as I know the cluster has LED lights rather than bulbs. I know the light in the dash storage box has a yellow rubber slide on whatsit to give the white bulb a yellow cast. Will be sticking my nose into my cluster this week funnily enough so will report back with what I find. :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vandy,
I have replaced the stock Satnav unit and although I can change the colour on the satnav buttons to whatever I like I prefer a more blue look to the instruments at night.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Vandy
I am going to pull out my pod cluster this week.
I have already opened up a spare aircon/fan unit and cannot see the lighting section
I will have another look.
I'm thinking they may be board mounted.
I will let you know.

Wab

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Walkabout

Have been thinking. I said that the light in the storage box has a small amber "rubber hat" on then it must be a bulb, otherwise they would just have put in an amber LED. When you get into the cluster the bulbs are panel mounted but check the voltage - I once made the mistake of assuming the light circut on my Merc would be 12v and discovered (due to the tell tale sign of smoke swirling out from behind the dash) that the circut was actually 5v :lol: Wasn't laughing at the time mind!
Pretty sure Nissan will have stuck to 12v but never assume anything :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Walkabout

I have tried to save a pdf file but access denied! On the rear of the cluster, the brown bulb holders that twist out are panel warning lamps. The BLACK holders are the illumination bulbs that you are looking for. It says they are 3w and if I could copy the damn file I'd show you!

·
Registered
210 Posts
well i also tried to get the dash light to go blue but i failed :sad: i cant seem to be able to get them out, iv got the brown lamp holders but no black holders and iv had the cluster apart and it seems that the lights are surface mounted leds but the only access is to take the needles off and i was scared that i would break them, any picture guides or can you buy these things?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi hglennie

I've got a service disc that shows both brown and black bulb holders but must admit I haven't had a look at mine yet. The disc could be relating to older models (?) as it definately shows where the fittings are and how to remove them. I did think as I originally said in my first post that they were LED's as sure I had read this somewhere, then saw the manual and thought I must have made it up!
Best person to ask is Revheadkev as he's done pretty much everything to his - hopefully he'll read this and if not I'll PM him and ask.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
haven't even looked for that as didn't know it was on it! Will have a good look through as it would help to be looking at the right model. Will let you know.
PS. I had to print that one off then scan it and then post it. Have tried "printing ot file" and it asks me for an outoput file name? Any ideas as I've tried all the file extensions and names I can think of and my next guess was working my way through the phone book!

Cheers

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Vandy said:
haven't even looked for that as didn't know it was on it! Will have a good look through as it would help to be looking at the right model. Will let you know.
PS. I had to print that one off then scan it and then post it. Have tried "printing ot file" and it asks me for an outoput file name? Any ideas as I've tried all the file extensions and names I can think of and my next guess was working my way through the phone book!

Cheers
Vandy, it's adobe asking you to name the file that your wanting to print.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.