Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just bought our X trail Aventura DCI and it is now a week old in our company. We are still learning!! Is there anyone who can help us work out which headlight bulbs to use and how to fit them since we are out and about in Italy next week and need to take some spares.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are H7 bulbs, you pull off the rubber back and then unclip the spring metal bit. The bulbs are very easy to change - takes about 5 mins per bulb.

·
Registered
198 Posts
blinky said:
They are H7 bulbs, you pull off the rubber back and then unclip the spring metal bit. The bulbs are very easy to change - takes about 5 mins per bulb.
Hold up! are they not H4 bulbs, i've just bought a set and they were H4's.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
John Willett said:
For travelling abroad (which I do often) I bought a set of headlight protectors and put the headlight converters on those.

So I just clip them on and off and don't have to keep cleaning sticky of the headlights and then putting new ones on every time.
As an addendum - I changed the bulbs for the extreme bright ones (Philips won the Auto Express test, but I got Halfords ones at two for the price of one).

These give better brightness in the UK and, most important, compensate for the loss in light due to the continental adaptors when driving abroad.

When abroad I always found the lights too dim until I got the extra bright ones.

·
Registered
255 Posts
StevieJ said:
blinky said:
Hold up! are they not H4 bulbs, i've just bought a set and they were H4's.
From what I can see in the electronic service manuals, Both the T30 and the T31 use H4 bulbs for the main headlights.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yep; Definately H4 bulbs. The only ones that are different are models with factory fit Xenon headlights - they have H1 full beam bulbs. Thinking about it - if you have an Aventura then you should have Xenons?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts