Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
jonnyn said:
Does anyone know anything about the chip boxes being sold on ebay for £100? Seem really cheap so would like to know if they make any difference or not!

Would apperciate some help with this as I am a bit of a novice!!
Stay clear of any clip on device as they only fool your engine into thinking its bigger.
The way forward is to have a professional remap your engine the costs are between £300-400 depending on who does it.
All older (pre t31 models) come from the Manufacturer as 40% efficient so there is plenty of tolerance in the engine, a stage 1 remap will improve your engines efficiency by 20% boosting a typical 2.2 DCI to around 160-165 bhp and around 278 lbs of torque.
I have a TD5 Disco which I had remaped and the improvement is very noticable, also as you have more torque at your diposal there is no need to drop down gears (when towing up hills) therefore increasing the fuel economy. My remap was done 2 yrs ago and the reliabily is second to none.
My advice would be to get your X Trail remaped NOT CHIPED, you wont regret it.
PS if you then drive it like a boy racer it will cost you more in fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi xtruck, I took my Disco TD5 back to the place I bought it from LRC in Congleton,they took it to a local tuning company.Loads of places do it just make sure its a remap and not a chip,Another thing is its totally reliable and undetectable unless you need to upgrade it, then out comes the computer again so no worries with Mr Insurance.

PS yes I did say Disco TD5, I am on here because I like the Xtrail and am considering buying one.
My Disco is 100% reliable and very good on fuel when towing (between 24-27 depending on weather and road conditions) but around town (and that's where most of my journeys are it cant match the Xtrail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.