Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice before spending loads of money! I recently had the clock spring replaced on my 2007 T31 to fix the flashing air bag light and horn and steering wheel controls with cruise prior to the MOT. The part we replaced I'm not convinced was exactly the right one as had 2 leads instead of 1 which was on the original BUT it fixed all the issues (air bag light sorted with a manual reset with the ignition on/off trick) So it got through the MOT and horn and everything else including cruise is working again. I did though notice that the traction control warning would occasionally flicker on and the abs kick in, this appeared to be totally random and my gut feel was that the steering alignment sensor was not reset after the clock spring was replaced. Anyway, finally managed to track down the correct clock spring (partsouq and others all out of stock!) but the traction warning light has now stopped coming on! Having done a few long journeys without it showing up makes me wonder if I should just leave it or spend more time replacing the clock spring again for the correct one and getting a proper reset done! I know you can do a manual relearning for the steering sensor, but would it have relearned on its own??

Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts