Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a X trail 2006 with 33.0000 miles on it, its a 2.2 columbia DCI and while on Holiday in France i lost clutch control , the clutch needs replacing i am told by a little french man so its on its way back to UK , is this a common fault ? for such small milage :headbang:

i tow a caravan and have onlt done this max 4 times in the last 1.5 years we have owned the car
and now concerend has i brought the car as it got great write ups for towing

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silver25lpg said:
YES it is a problem a few of us have a bad smell when towing :bigcry:
:thumbs: Hi thanks for that , now you metion it i did have the same thing happen to me when towing a smell from the engine , do you have any suggetions when i get the car back and a new clutch fitted how to reduce this risk ,

i normaly drive in 2 wheel selection would it be better to use automatic would that do any thing

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Do you do much reversing with the caravan? I try to avoid doing so and use a motor mover when possible. Reverse gears on modern cars seem too high. I reversed mine recently just to practice something I used to be good at and I stopped at the first whiff of clutch. I've never had one, but I now think an auto is the only answer to weak clutches / dual mass flywheels / high reverse gears. Trouble is the XT auto is not rated for towing anything but a small caravan.
Smell from the engine when towing - is it doing a DPF regeneration? One never knows unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all bit new to this but i got a question for you all how do i check to see if the deul mass flywheel is ok got the cluch and gearbox out but i just want to make sure that the wheel is ok before i putall back together wasn't sure if there has to be a bit of movement on it
hope this makes sense

rob j

1 - 5 of 5 Posts