Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I want to get a portable jumpstart pack as I am going on a camping trip abroad
and have a feeling I may accidently run the battery down! I have a 2.5 petrol, 2005 plate.
Does anyone know if a 300 amp pack will do, or does it need to be higher??
:bow:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Umbongo
Have just looked at the link and think I may get one of these. Roughly how long do they hold their charge - do you keep yours on trickle charge all the time or how does it work?

Cheers, Vandy.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Vandy said:
Hi Umbongo
Have just looked at the link and think I may get one of these. Roughly how long do they hold their charge - do you keep yours on trickle charge all the time or how does it work?
Hi Vandy, I had a look at mine today in the garage and it's the 900 model and not the 910. I last fully charged it in mid March and it still has a half charge rate showing on the amp meter and you don't need to have it on trickle charge, I just fully charge it a couple of times a year and fully discharge it so that the batteries inside don't lose their memory. I've had mine seven years now and it's been used a lot in winter by very grateful neighbours over the years so it's been a very good purchase and well worth the money I paid for it

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks for the info Umbongo - will get the 900 model - have a Machine Mart shop fairly close to me so will sort this out.

PS - love the Midge song - problem is I keep humming it now :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.