Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 X-Trail has started a cruise control fault, occasionally it either refuses to work or drops out while set. Dealer has had a look twice, first time they found some error codes in the engine management log, second time they found nothing. Anyone experienced s similar problem? Everything else is great, 45K miles and going well.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes - I have had problems too.

It has not dropped out yet, but often when I take it out (by breaking, for example) and then press "resume" it does not resume at the previous setting, but at some other speed.

It has done this quite often - but then seems to work OK again for a while - and then starts doeing it again.

Very puzzling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still happening, the dealer has had another look, nothing in the error log. Asked me to bring it back when the fault is present - 5 hours driving today, went wrong after 30 minutes then worked again for the rest of the day - weird.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blodnik said:
Still happening, the dealer has had another look, nothing in the error log. Asked me to bring it back when the fault is present - 5 hours driving today, went wrong after 30 minutes then worked again for the rest of the day - weird.
Problem came back today, this time with engine management light on, went straight to local dealer, they have downloaded the error codes and are consulting Nissan. Apparently an air pressure sensor is not working, I am not yet convinced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blodnik said:
blodnik said:
Problem came back today, this time with engine management light on, went straight to local dealer, they have downloaded the error codes and are consulting Nissan. Apparently an air pressure sensor is not working, I am not yet convinced.
Problem solved! Dealer has replaced an 'upstream air pressure sensor' - took it back in after the engine warning light stayed on (still drove ok). After contacting Nissan they replaced the sensor and everything is working again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

It seems Nissan does not manage to get tis problem under control.

I bought the 2011-version. From day one I have the same problem -sometimes the cruise control works for some time and than fails. On other occasians it stops functioning right after starting - as if the car has to warm up for several miles before the system can be used. And when it fails, it really fails... It just stops functioning completely, no restart possible, no change of speed possible, nothing. The only way to get it back to work is to shut down the engine and then restart the car.

After changing about every peace of the car that has something to do with that cruise control, they told me it has something to do with the software.

Guess it want be fixed tomorrow...

Greetings from Belgium

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just purchased a new Nissan X-trail automatic and I also am having problems with the cruise control dropping out. You are then not able to reset unless the engine is turned off first. The first time it happened it brought on the engine warning light, the garage took a look and connected it to the computer pressed a few buttons, took it for a short test drive and said it was ok, just needed to synchronise something. Next time I used it same thing happened but no warning light. I am going to try it again before returning to the garage, just to make sure it is still not functioning properly.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Gill

·
Registered
1 Posts
gillashby said:
I have just purchased a new Nissan X-trail automatic and I also am having problems with the cruise control dropping out. You are then not able to reset unless the engine is turned off first. The first time it happened it brought on the engine warning light, the garage took a look and connected it to the computer pressed a few buttons, took it for a short test drive and said it was ok, just needed to synchronise something. Next time I used it same thing happened but no warning light. I am going to try it again before returning to the garage, just to make sure it is still not functioning properly.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Gill
I have exactly same problem with my 2011 X-Trail Auto. Engine Mgmt light came on and stayed on but cruise control can be re-used after engine has been switched off for a while, however, only stays on for a few minutes and then drops out again. Dealer says no fault found. Taking it back in again Monday 21st March.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
]
gillashby said:
I would be very interested to hear what the dealer has to say. Tried mine again today and it was ok but I did not go very far. Long journey planned for next weekend so will see what happens then.
Found the part number for the sensor replaced by my dealer - fixed the fault as CC has worked perfectly since, might help:

[attachment=0]scan0002.jpg[/attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
R
blodnik said:
My 2008 X-Trail has started a cruise control fault, occasionally it either refuses to work or drops out while set. Dealer has had a look twice, first time they found some error codes in the engine management log, second time they found nothing. Anyone experienced s similar problem? Everything else is great, 45K miles and going well.
hi,let me do my intro via this,i seem to be unable to find myself through this system.my name is gromit,i live in australia darwin. i purchased xtrail TS DCI in feb 2009 .cruise control failed after 7 month ,took 4days to fix , battery goes flat after 2.5 days ,oileak at sumpcover,they do not have a gasket on the m9r renault engine ,only nissan sealant, which states on tube,to be used on machined surfaces only. in short this is the worst vehicle i ever owned .xtrail has 15000 km on clock , has now oilleak on turboside, i wish someone would steal this lemon. regards gromit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Everyone,
My start to the year was joining the cruise control club!
Yesterday the cruise control only came up with the words cruise and set(which was flashing).

Today it worked once through some roadworks, and then later I noticed the engine management light was on and when I tried the Cruise control, it was back to the above display.

Hopefully the photo will be attached.
Phone call to dealer tomorrow
Michael

PS at least my old X-Trail lasted 95000 miles before needing a new sensor, and that was only because the welding onto the manifold was faulty (there had been a recall but not for ours?)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ypt said:
Hi Everyone,
My start to the year was joining the cruise control club!
Yesterday the cruise control only came up with the words cruise and set(which was flashing).

Today it worked once through some roadworks, and then later I noticed the engine management light was on and when I tried the Cruise control, it was back to the above display.

Hopefully the photo will be attached.
Phone call to dealer tomorrow
Michael

PS at least my old X-Trail lasted 95000 miles before needing a new sensor, and that was only because the welding onto the manifold was faulty (there had been a recall but not for ours?)
You have a T30 and have posted this in the T31 section.

You will get better replies if you post in the correct section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi John,

I know I do have senior moments, but since when was a 61 Plate Techna auto a T30?
Have appointment at dealer tomorrow - they require it all day!.
My OLD car was a T30, but the new one is not (I hope).

Michael

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ypt said:
Hi John,

I know I do have senior moments, but since when was a 61 Plate Techna auto a T30?
Have appointment at dealer tomorrow - they require it all day!.
My OLD car was a T30, but the new one is not (I hope).

Michael
The error occurred because you forgot to update your details in the LH panel - which showed you had a T30 at the time I posted.

I see you have corrected it now, though. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi John,
I thought I had senior moments, but you are going round in circles!!!!!
The info panel was updated when I got the new car in September.

Still waiting for dealer to phone me back -- it's now 3pm, they've had the car since 9am.

Will post when (if!) I get the car back.

Still got a T31
Michael.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.