Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The centre console cup holders have an air vent to direct cold air onto drinks. On my vehicle, these vents blow cold air into the cup holders irrespective of the switch position. The handbook says that the down position is the off setting, but I still get cold air blowing into the cup holders.
The main dealer says this is normal, but have other post 2014 X-Trail owners experienced this?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine shuts off too, as it should. Sounds like yours is broken/incomplete on the inside of the console - get the dealer to demonstrate it on one of their cars, if they think it's normal!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Right. Slight it down: open Pull it up: close. Cold and warm is dependable on the temp. you set. It's a pure manually thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The centre console cup holders have an air vent to direct cold air onto drinks. On my vehicle, these vents blow cold air into the cup holders irrespective of the switch position. The handbook says that the down position is the off setting, but I still get cold air blowing into the cup holders.
The main dealer says this is normal, but have other post 2014 X-Trail owners experienced this?
Does anyone have a part number for this, I'd like to buy one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for this, I'd like to buy one?
Assuming you are talking about the small, removeable diverter part that goes in between the two cup holders. It does show as part numbers 969656FV0A and 969656FV0B on this site here:

Although nothing comes up on a search of that par number.

You can see it in the pic of this part for sale on ebay:

Maybe email the seller and ask if they'd sell just that part. I'm sure someone would if they were breaking the car. that was the only one I found that actually had the part though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To turn it off pull out the divider, turn it through 180 deg and replace. No sliding up and down. One way round has holes for air flow, other way round it doesn’t!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts