Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about fitting Daylight running lights in the gaps under the number plate to my X'y and wondered if there are any others out there that have added these or are aware of the law regarding these.
I was going to wire them off a ignition live feed so they are on when the engine is running and switch them in teh cabin area so they can be turned off.

Any guidance / thougfts appreciated

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi John
You're right re: being legal - as long as they are ignition operated (separate from the light circut) then they're legal.
Under the bumper in the scoops would be ideal - I've just managed to find some suitable fog lights that I'll fit in there and then convert my existing fog lights to driving lights.

I was speaking to a gut the other day who is thinking of taking his X Trail headlight unit apart and fitting DRL's at the top of the headlight, next to the "bubble" as this is almost designed for that. My comment was I think they may be a bit high but hey, what do I know?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This may be better John as the gapp you mention in more level - the larger scoop below is slightly slanted so you would have to angle them downwards to keep themm level, then you would see a gap at the top of them (if this makes sense)
Also think the slim DRL in the narrow slot would look more "factory fitted" :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.