Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again, this is the second time i have posted this problem, my 05 dci cuts out but only when going up hills , if i take my foot off the throttle and put it straight back down the fault goes away and it flies up hill with no problem. I have been doing this for about 5 month and starting to live with it, but surely its not normal. The rest of the time the xt is no problem and i love it. I have fully serviced it including new fuel filter and its no better. Could this be a problem with fuel pump ?.Any info please
Trev

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for putting the same reply in two posts but this is exactly the problem I was getting.

I've had an ongoing battle with the dealer we bought the car from and one of the problems was a sudden loss of power whilst driving uphill.

The initial problem was put in by the dealer which was a wiring fault to the the boost control solenoid valve ( this did show as a fault on the fault diagnoses but no warning lights showed) they replaced the valve before finding the wiring fault but Nissan supplied them with a faulty valve.... turbo did not run but no faults showed at all. I persuaded them to replace the valve again as the complete power loss did not occur until they replaced the valve, but again it was replaced with a faulty one. Eventually (after they said the car was unfixable) they replaced the valve with a known working one from a Primera and the problem disappeared and the third valve from Nissan has worked without a fault since.

The car had an outstanding recall which involved replacing the ECM which controls the turbo.... when plugging it back in they knocked out one of the pins on the wire to the boost control valve which disconnected when pulling uphill causing the sudden power loss.

Any of the vacuum hoses collapsing or leaking can also cause this problem.

Attached is an extract from the Tino manual which describes how to diagnose the valve. (I don't have the manual for the X-trail yet)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.