Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our X-Trail can only be described as lumpy when you are sitting at 2,000 rpm in any gear. If you are either side of this rpm, every thing is fine, car runs perfectly, doesn't use any oil, smoke, etc, and pulls very well in all gears as it always has done.

The best way that I can describe this is - if it were a petrol car, I would almost say it felt as it it were missing, some thing along the lines of a knackered HT lead.

I'm sure that I have read some thing on here about some one else experiencing similar issues but have struggled to find it. The car has full service history and it had a fuel flush (I think that's what they called it - to get rid of sooty deposits) when it had it's 3rd year service although the car was doing this prior to the service.

Does any one have any ideas what this could be and how I can rectify it?

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
17 Posts
it sounds like i hate my wifes xtrail by the posts i have put up but one of the faults i listed with nissan was that between2-2500 rpm under partial load on a run it felt like it was misfireing a little. odd because hers is the 173 brake 2.0dci,,

Diesel

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by lumpy?

However, on the cruise control, the engine seems to rise slightly in rpm then dip etc - as if the computer it iterating through to find the perfect rpm for the conditions.

I am not worried about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dodgyken said:
I'm not sure what you mean by lumpy?

However, on the cruise control, the engine seems to rise slightly in rpm then dip etc - as if the computer it iterating through to find the perfect rpm for the conditions.

I am not worried about it.
Like I said above, feels as if it is missing, but it's not, if that makes sense. Can't say I have noticed it with the cruise control on as we would typically sit 70-80ish which is slightly more than 2k revs.

Not that concerned about it as like I said on the 1st post, the car is running fine, just me being paranoid :mrgreen: and wondering if any one else has is experiencing the same issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xtrailer said:
There was a problem with 2006 2.2 xtrail that required a reprogramming of the ecu. It would be worth checking with a dealer to see if this needs doing.
Was this a recall by Nissan or am I likely to have to pay for it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nissan service centres are well aware of Nissan 2.2dci remapping and should have recalled but did not. Should have been done when serviced by them too. Mine was done FOC as I went in and requested it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spm1801 said:
Nissan service centres are well aware of Nissan 2.2dci remapping and should have recalled but did not. Should have been done when serviced by them too. Mine was done FOC as I went in and requested it.
:thumbs: I will give our local stealers a shout & see what they say.

I take it that a remap sorted yours? Any improvement in fuel ecomony as ours has never been great?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a small improvement in consumption and most others reported the same but I never could manage to match the figures given in the Nissan sales info. Unlike my previous Xtrail and my new T31 Xtrail both of which average very close to the Nissan figures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
xtruck said:
spm1801 said:
:thumbs: I will give our local stealers a shout & see what they say.

I take it that a remap sorted yours? Any improvement in fuel ecomony as ours has never been great?
The remap sorted out the slight 'lumpyness' but no drastic change in economy. I get terrible economy from mine, sub 30mpg all the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have our X Trail booked in to Middlehurst Nissan in St Helens for Wednesday 7th April. I have spoken to them in advance as they have come highly recommended from a number of Nissan owners that I know. They took our registration and chasis number and cross referenced all recalls, service bulletins, etc and have found nothing that references a re-map.

We have agreed a set price in advance & they are going to hook the x-trail up to their diagnostics to see if they can establish what the issue is. Hopefully after 2 hours hooked up to various computers, they should be able to pin point some thing.

I will post an update next week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 hours on the diagnostics and an issue was identified with the Exhaust Gas Return which ultimately resulted in the ECU being reprogrammed to correct this.

Now no hesitation/lumpyness at 2k revs or at any where in the rev range!

Too early to tell if it will help my fuel economy, filled up, reset the trip counter & willl see what happens.

Very impressed with the service at Middlehurst Nissan in St. Helens, will definitely be going back there :bow:

Also, I haven't seen so many GT-R's in one place including a Nismo edition.........if only I had a spare £60k :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.