Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it seem to take ages to warm up? The area I live in gets lots of condensation and when its cold Ice. So its a pain waiting for it ot warm up enough to drive off. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
41 Posts
No, mine takes a while too but the most annoying thing is the windscreen taking ages to demist and starts from passenger side first. Its a shame we can't get heated screens - they're even available on Focuses!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Strange thing, but all cars I've had always seem to clear the passenger side windscreen first. Once thought about getting a LHD just to confuse it! My X Trail is a pain as the windscreen mists up all the time in the cold weather - have tried heater on/off, window open/closed hot air/cold air - all just as bad. The only thing that seems to work is to have the air con on all the time - seems crazt but it does dry up any dampness in the car. The enormous and in my opinion, "total waste of time having one" sunroof doesn't help as the cold, damp air gets trapped here. I left the screen open last year to see if that helped - not a chance.
So it's air con on all winter then?

·
Registered
1 Posts
the condensation issue can be solved by cleaning the pollen filter.I found that the filter on my 53plate SVE was blocked so was getting damp causing the misting up problem.You can get to the filter by removing the glove compartment and just un clipping it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
steves said:
the condensation issue can be solved by cleaning the pollen filter.I found that the filter on my 53plate SVE was blocked so was getting damp causing the misting up problem.You can get to the filter by removing the glove compartment and just un clipping it.
Hi Steve

I changed my pollen filter (actually showed it as a post in how to's) but in all honesty, it didn't make a difference to the steaming up problem. There again, it may have been worsre if I hadn't changed it? The filter was boggin so definately needed changing anyway and this did help in the summer as the air smelt fresh.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it isnt just me then. Oh well I guess that I will have to put up with it. Scraping frozen condensate off the inside of the screen is a pain. In fact cleaning the inside of a screen has always been a pain. I used to get stuff called Mixra made by holts. It would shift anything but I guess it was de-marketed because it was too effective or toxic or something.

Overall, a really great car.

Oh and the sunroof is great if you're a photographer you can pop out of the top of the car, really cool. Wouldnt recomment it while moving though. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi my 2007 xtrail also takes an age to warm up. i have also noticed that the lower rad hose dosen't get warm even after a 17 mile run but the temperature gauge reads just below middle, is this normal?

·
Registered
44 Posts
try opening the windows after a journey with the heaters off and allow the air temp in the car to equalise with the outside for a minute or 2 ,before u lock up the car, stops the hot air cooling leaving the condensation on the coolest area's ie windows, works for me

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got one of those 12v ceramic heaters for the missus xt, plugs into cigar lighter socket. Certainly helps warm up the car on these v.cold (-22 up here at times) mornings.
£7.50 well spent with Maplins on line if you ask me... (got one for my Insignia too)
Cheers
Colin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.