Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just realised I have put my first query in the wrong section,apologies for that.
Hope I've now picked the correct section.
Can anyone tell me how to disarm the alarm on my Xtrail.
We have two spaniels which go almost everywhere with us but on occasion have to be left in the car at which time they invariably set the alarm off.
I've been through the manual but have either missed the bit I want or am too thick to understand (the wife says it's the latter!!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
another tip and not sure about this one on Nissan alarms
if you press the button on the fob to lock the doors then press and hold for 3 sec it sometimes leaves the internal sensors off
worked on other cars i have had

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Agree with Ian, this is what i do, when i leave the Dogs in the car, isolates the Sensors, also ideal if you leave the sunroof ajar in warm weather

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi to you your wife has it wrong! i`ve just sat for nearly an hour looking through manual for just this info , we have just added a rescue dog to our family ,she is a cross lurcher saluki who was badly treated then thrown out once she`d had pups and is very timid and nervous so you can imagine her distress in the x-trail when the alarm goes off , i`m sure i have seen somewhere the idea that you switched the ingtion on and off but i will try the three times method of the weekend .cheers john

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi folks ,yes the method of turning the igntion three times is the correct method , after you do this if you look at alarm warning light it is still slightly pulsing while staying on ( if you see what i mean ! ) indicating that doors etc are still alarmed but the 2 interior sensors are deactiveated . cheers john

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, the alarm resets itself back to it's normal status after you have turned it off. That means you have to turn the ignition on/off 3x every time you want to disarm the internal sensors. With dog in car, ignition 3x then lock with key fob. No dog, just use key fob.

·
Registered
491 Posts
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ : By not fully activating the NATs system or fitted security system and or only using door keys you may leave your self open to problems with your insurance company. You need to check your policy documents as insurance companies make "assumptions" about how you secure your car, these are part of what you agree to do when insuring your car.

For example an insurance company may say they will not pay out " for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft if the car was not properly locked or if any window, roof opening, removable roof panel or hood was left open or unlocked " or " for loss or damage if any security or tracking device, which either we have required you to fit or you have told us is fitted to your car, has not been set, is not in full working order or, the annual network subscription for the maintenance contract of any tracking device has not been renewed "
Please seek advice from your insurance company.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Safety Engineer said:
In a similar vein does anyone have a problem in high winds with the sensor setting the alarm off?
Getting that a lot at the moment. My theory was the sunroof open, but I think it MIGHT some bushes near the car moving lots in the wind, where they are full of leaf, I am sure they are triggering the alarm.
These bushes are only 500-700mm away from the car and do move a lot.

Then again, it could be spiders moving in, into the car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Safety Engineer said:
In a similar vein does anyone have a problem in high winds with the sensor setting the alarm off?
I assume you mean if windows open a bit? Used to get it a lot and eventually reckoned it was changes in air pressure in the cabin, and didn't really need to be that strong a wind, just a sudden difference. Started using the ignition on x 3 and jump out method if leaving the windows or sunroof cracked open a bit, or if dogs left in car for any reason - NOT in warm weather I hasten to add before I get pelters about that - and never had a problem with it again. If you mean with windows closed just ignore me altogether :lol:

Since then its pretty much become habit if not far away and not for long and windows cracked etc. Current one is a bit easier - keyless entry so there is a button to press (just once) between the sensors in the front courtesy light panel.

Been aware of the insurance problem after a relative got caught out one Summer years ago, so the cracked windows are normally only if not going too far from it, otherwise rely on the air con and open windows when I get back to it.
Kev

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, after reading the method of turning the ignition on and off, I gave it a whirl and it worked! I had two Flashes of the hazards too.

However, I was going off memory and did this five times instead of three and since, I've been unable to use remote locking!

Any ideas lol?

The rest of the car is fine, the central locking works off a key, etc.

Although I'm pretty sure the alarm is still deactivated :-(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Triggerking135 said:
Hi all, after reading the method of turning the ignition on and off, I gave it a whirl and it worked! I had two Flashes of the hazards too.

However, I was going off memory and did this five times instead of three and since, I've been unable to use remote locking!

Any ideas lol?

The rest of the car is fine, the central locking works off a key, etc.

Although I'm pretty sure the alarm is still deactivated :-(
FIXED

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42801

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.