Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 model and over the past 2 weeks the sat nav (genuine disc from new) has stopped working, when I turn on the sat nav it says "Disc Error".

Does anyone know what this is, and more importanatly how to fix it? I went to the local Nissan Dealer for ideas and help and they seemed clueless.

My friend also has a X Trail and I used my Disc in his unit to see if it was my disc or my unit that was faulty, and after putting my disc in his unit he now has the same fault as well.

In a major sweat, please can some one help me.

Thanks

keith c

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have this intermittently and in the summer it seems to go away. Its probably the DVD reader drive. I have dissassembled mine on two occasions and been unable to get to the parts that probably just need cleaning.

Stealer replacement is 500+ squids so not an option for me. I bought a Nuvi and it works fine, I just hate having that piece of junk taking up all the space it does in the dash.

Davey :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got mine fixed, the repairer replaced the whole tray assmbly and drive mechansim.

Works fine now even with copied disks (for backup purposes of course)

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there im a newbie here perhaps you can help?

Please can you let me know who fixed this for you? I also have the same problem getting the disc error sign.
(The sat nav appears to work as I can get journey information [time, distance and speed info] but no maps.)

I've just ordered an up to date map disc online to eliminate the CD itself, i'd rather not buy a separate sat nav unit [tom tom etc] if its possible.

Perhaps it is the DVD drive itself, so perhaps I can get this repaired/replaced?

Kai.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi kai,
chances are the laser unit in the dvd drive is defunct, fairly common fault apparently.
Mine had gone and I managed to get it going by transplanting the internal drive deck from an Almera drive which I was lucky to pick up for a song (see my previous post ). I have read that a replacement laser isnt available !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Guys,

the bad news is apart from cannibalising an almera unit a complete tray unit will set you back around £210 from SPINTRONIC (as for Saj)

The service is very good. Mine is as new now. The whole drive unit gets replaced.

I need to get the updated disk now.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you both for your thoughts, I have tried an alternative map disk so have come to the same conclusion the drive is at fault.

Im just looking on the various "parts" sites online to see if anyone has a drive, alternatively im considering buying a new double din unit from weebay that does sat nav and more.

Kai.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts