Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took mine to the local dealers today for their opinion on the wear on the front brake discs & pads. I had recently noticed that the front N/S disc was only shiny for about 1/3 of its distance.

The outcome is an estimate of £381.43 for replacing both front discs & front & rear pads. I have only completed 16,500 miles & of course this is not covered by the warranty. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this? :bigcry:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Join the club mine gave up after 10,000 ! changed mine me self not paying main dealers to rip me off, found some real good front discs new on ebay vented and drilled for extra cooling mintex pads pulls up fine now i am going to do the rear pads soon and discs also hand break shoes as these dont hold on a slope.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Tatey,
If your front disc is only shiny for part of its circumference then it could be a warped disc and this should be covered under waranty (well it would be here on Aus anyway). If the disc is warped then the pads should be replaced under warranty with the discs.
Go back to the dealer and ask why it is not covered under warranty and then call Nissan head office and ask the same question if you don't get a good answer from the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Within a week of picking up my 2008 X-Trail T31 from Westway Oxford (c.14k miles on the clock), I noticed the car juddering when I braked - the first time in over 45 years of driving that I have experienced this, so I didn't realise at the time what the problem was. I then had to travel to France and was unable to immediately take the car back to Westway. However, I was concerned enough to have a French Nissan dealer look at the car and he recommended that I take it back to the UK dealer when I returned to the UK.

On my return, I took it back to Westway who refused point blank to accept any responsibility - they pointed to their mechanics report which had a "tick" in the box indicating the brakes were ok when they acquired the vehicle, and anyway, disks are not covered under warranty - no mention of what tests were carried out to justify this tick. It was indicated that my driving was at fault! i.e. in just over a week I had warped the blades on a 4x4 driving around rural Oxfordshire!

Naturally, I currently have a nasty taste in my mouth from my experience of a UK Nissan dealer and Nissan quality and wish I had done my homework a bit more carefully. :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
278 Posts
If I was in your situation I would still make a formal complaint to Nissan head office about the way the dealer is treating you and asking for their opinion or if they would authorise you to have the brakes inspected by another Nissan service agent for the purposes of diagnosing the problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, talking to Nissan would make no differance as mine judderd at 2000 miles from brand new. The dealer or nissan did not want to know all they would do was to skim the discs, a bodge job on a new car in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine have started juddering when braking at speeds in excess of 50Mph - this is after 27000 miles. I've had a quote from a back street car service place (Good place I've used before for previous cars) of £200 to put new discs & pads on... Does that seem a reasonable price?
The local nissan dealer wanted to charge me just to diagnose the fault to start with, plus £15 for a courtesy car! It's hardly courtesy if I'm paying for it!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

We are currently adding car parts to our website, if you would like a quote on discs and pads to compare please pm me your vehicle details and ill find out our prices. We have spent alot of time researching prices and I believe we are the lowest around to date.

Regards

Wayne
Proppa Web Admin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try Ebay and do them yourself if you can.
I think Vandy put a post up about brakes, T30 mind, but I expect the brakes would be similar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-X-Trail-20 ... arParts_SM

I would still expect the dealer to pay up though for new ones.

I picked my T30 up last week from WestWay Stourbridge and it's in on Wednesday for them to look at the front brakes as they have been terrible from when I picked it up, spongy and shuddery braking above 50mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
took mine to the main dealer with a sticky caliper dealer wanted nearly £400 to sort told him i was not happy after only 30000 miles and was going to complain to nissan.
Dealer contacted nissan and I got new front caliper, new front discs and pads FOC only had to pay labour under £100.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive just had my M1 service at 46629 miles. Service only cost £180, but dealer said it needs new pads and discs all round. Took it to an idependant who said i just need front discs and pads, and rear pads. £270 fitted. I would buy the stuff and fit them myself if i knew how!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.