Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just brought a 2006 x trail and I noticed that one of the weather seal black plastic securing rivets are missing. I only want one but Nissan dealer want's to supply the pack including the rubber weather seal, which I really don't need. :headbang: Any suggestion on wher else i could get one please?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Wagcat said:
Hi,

I just brought a 2006 x trail and I noticed that one of the weather seal black plastic securing rivets are missing. I only want one but Nissan dealer want's to supply the pack including the rubber weather seal, which I really don't need. :headbang: Any suggestion on wher else i could get one please?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul, can you be a bit more specific with the details as there's four types of clips and what door your talking about or can you post a photo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and post a picture up tomorrow but basically it's the rear passanger door black rubber weather seal that goes around the door. It seal starts about 7'' above the child lock switch. The missing securing rivet is a black dome top (9mm), the hole it goes in is 4mm. It's the first rivet that is missing so the end of the seal flaps about when you open the door :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I grabbed a couple of dozen of these off evilbay:

.... they look like the right jobbies, and the specs match, so here's hoping. Delivery should be within a week, will report back when they arrive and I check 'em out.

Obviously I won't be needing all 25 (not right away, anyway!), so there could be a couple going spare. Watch this space and be ready to PM me if they fit - I'll stick 10 in my shed for future use and the rest can get split up amongst the needy - free gratis.

*Steps back and waits for the stampede*

:thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:bow:Most excellent news i spent ages looking on fleabay :headbang: Thanks for the reply and I'll keep all my fingers crossed the fit pretty :biggrin: Look forward to hearing back.

Here's a photo

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wagcat said:
Any luck kirriepete? :p
Pam the Postie hasn't dropped anything through the letterbox yet (well, the usual bills and invites to enter yet another Free Prize Draw, but nothing useful...), but considering the howling gales and lashing rain this past day or so I don't blame her! Will update once I get some wee bits of plastic in my mitts .......

·
Registered
380 Posts
Seems to be a common problem on XY's,I've had two drop out,always same place---bottom one on nearside rear door.XY door rubbers do seem 'sticky'--used to have similar problem with a VW Beetle years ago,solved by applying Talcum Powder to the rubber.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update

Got a bag full of black buttons ..... bit bigger than the originals though :headbang: . I'll take the rap for this as I had a broken one to measure with a cheap plastic ruler and I got it a bit wrong, only a couple of mm but when you're talking about an 8mm button a couple is a huuuuuuge difference.

However, I'm not averse to reaming out the hole(s) in the door as long as the legs aren't too deep, I figure a bigger button's got to be stronger anyway, so it'll be an improvement over Nissan's design. It's cold and dark when I leave in the morning, and even colder and darker when I get home (just after 5!), so this exercise can wait until Saturday.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Eureka!

If you're not afraid to hit your P&J with a drill bit, these puppies work beautifully!

Here y'go:

Sort of before - I've already reamed this hole out

Both missing holes reamed - 5mm drill and go easy

New poppers in place

Overview

So, I've got a dozen spare of this size available for any that need them and aren't scared of a drill - post here or PM me direct.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
hglennie said:
did they fit? if so where did you get them? could you post a link of could someone on here sell me 2?
If you don't mind reaming out the holes (to 5mm) they work perfectly. Got a few spare in a bag in my shed along the road from you in Kirrie (Westmuir acksherly), could arrange a meet/dropoff if you like. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.