Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've read a few topics on here regarding DPF problems - it appears to be a common gripe.

We bought an ex-demo 57 plate 2.0 173bhp Diesel Aventura from our local dealer around 18 months ago.

The DPF light has come on 3 times in that period. The first time it was a case of looking up what it meant, giving the dealer a call, they recommended a good blast on a dual carriageway for 15 mins and that seemed to sort it.

3 or 4 months later - same thing. Cleared relatively easily.

The light came on for the 3rd time 2 days ago and, despite repeated attempts to clear it (60+mph for 30 mins at one stage) - no joy. Now the MIL is also on, having illuminated last night on my way home from an attempt to clear the DPF light.

I'm out of warranty (by 9 days!!) so am I totally out of luck? If I somehow do manage to take it on a good enough run to clear the DPF light, will the MIL also go out? Or will that now stay on until I take her in for a £250 regeneration and some advice on how to drive properly?

Another interesting point is that my log book says the warranty start date is 09/12/2007, but the dealer says their computer has it down as 26/09/2007, putting me just out. If I'm honest, when we bought the car they did say that the warranty expires Sep 2010 but I was interested to find this date written in my log book.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Personally, if the logbook says December I would press for it to be covered as you have it in black-and-white in the logbook.

Computer errors are common and if it was a logbook error it should have been changed, signed and dated at some previous service - so I would push the point - especially as you have already infomed them of the problem and the cure they suggested has not worked.

Go for it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.