Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 19000 mile T31 2007 sport dCI.
Although the seat appears firmly attached and normal in all respects I find recently after driving for only a short distance I am supporting my body and right arm on drivers door for support and steering generally left handed - very uncomfortable.

Has anyone else had this issue or am I becoming unbalanced? The car goes into Nissan dealer next week for M3 service and only has a couple weeks of original warranty left, so obviously need to get this sorted if indeed there is a problem.

Oh, and before anyone comes up with any suggestions, whilst I am no stranger to a fish supper I do maintain a zero alcohol approach to my slanted driving style! Kind Regards C Davis. :-?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a similar problem with my 24,000 mile 2008 T31. The right side of the seat near the door has developed a softness compared with the left side - probably due to it taking most of the stress when getting in and out. My concern now is one of developing back problems on long drives because of bad posture. I would be interested to know what feedback you get from Nissan at your next service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
As mentioned car went into Nissan main dealer for service and this issue was mentioned.

They agreed the seat was a little 'squidgy' on the offside but have denied there is a problem.

Mind you the '10' reg Nissan Note courtesy car I borrowed had virtually four flat tyres and empty screenwash which to me summed up there total lack of interest, after all, if they cant be arsed to look after there own vehicles what level of care/interest should I expect. Very frustrating as there forecourt exits onto the M271 which is not an ideal place to discover your loan car is a potential deathtrap and illegal on the public highway. :frown: Regards, CPD

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a problem with my drivers seat. The foam on the right side started to collapse from where I get out.It's where i swing my leg out and lever myslf out of the car. I'm a big chap and am in and out of the car quite a lot(lots of short journeys). Anyway at 28,000 miles I complained about it to my nissan garage and they replaced the foam squab. I was hopeing they would replace the material (Charcoal weave)as well as it had become shiney and rippled (because of the collapsed foam) but they said it was not faulty.They said they had had no problems with their other slimmer customers. ****** cheek! Anyway it looks fine now but I have to say I somtimes feel i am leaning a bit and a bit of bottom "shuffling" is needed to get a comfortable position. It's fair to say they are not the most robust seats around but as this is my third X-trail -so something must be right. My previous one had leather and that was going just as I traded it in. Go on complain!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.