Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's here, It would of arrived on Wednesday however due to inclement weather were I live I didn't get it till today.

It's a Tuning unit from DTUK, the box I Have is the Red Power System which connects to the Common Diesel Rail. The kit states your see a 40% power and torque increase with a 20% improvement in fuel economy.

I done alot of research into buying a tuning unit and the reviews DTUK were brilliant. Fingers crossed ill have the same results as others who have stated running the Unit is very close to having a remap etc.

The website stated the following:
My X Trail 2.2 Di, which currently puts out 114BHP should go up 136BHP and my Torque should go from 270Nm to 315Nm.

Now it has been stressed to me that these figures are the basis line figures and I may see more. I will look into putting my X Trail on a rolling road in the near future to see what I get out of the unit.

The Kit:

In the box you get: Tuning unit, colour car specific instructions, connection cable and waterproof pouch

Tuning Unit

Cable input end of unit

Adjustment panel for setting changes

Connection cable for common rail install

DTUK's website:
http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/index.php
Andrew at DTUK is really helpful and offers top support for the product.

I should be fitting the kit on Saturday or Sunday and will update the thread further with install and results.

I hope this thread helps others who are considering the Tuning unit option, as I was very confused when I first started to look into this.

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello again Cliffy,
After another tuning company came to do a re map, but failed instantly, i was considering the Tuning box option with this company.
I have been to see Andrew today, with my past disasters in putting the engine into limp mode, so we collectively decided to go with the PDI Pulse system.
Andrew is obtaining the up to date settings for the car & box and i am going back on Tuesday to have the box fitted. This looks simple enough as you plug 4x injectors, instead of the common rail connector

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ofat1 said:
Hello again Cliffy,
After another tuning company came to do a re map, but failed instantly, i was considering the Tuning box option with this company.
I have been to see Andrew today, with my past disasters in putting the engine into limp mode, so we collectively decided to go with the PDI Pulse system.
Andrew is obtaining the up to date settings for the car & box and i am going back on Tuesday to have the box fitted. This looks simple enough as you plug 4x injectors, instead of the common rail connector
Andrew is a top bloke and seems very clued up on all this tuning packages etc

Theres a straight forward install guide for connecting the PDI unit to the xtrail on there website, you need to connect a positive battery feed and a ground then you'd connect the loom between the injector connection and the injector

Andrew stated that I should be able to run mine using the common rail connection, i should be fitting it tomorrow weather pending, wich me luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cheers Cliffy,
I am in a nice position, where i live 15 minutes away from Andrews workshop, so I am going to let him fit it for me, it does look straight forward though!
The only difference between the digram on the PDF and my car, is the DCI intercooler needs to be removed, on my DI, the injectors are easy to get at without intercooler removal.
Good luck with yours, i shall keep you informed with my unit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ofat1 said:
Cheers Cliffy,
I am in a nice position, where i live 15 minutes away from Andrews workshop, so I am going to let him fit it for me, it does look straight forward though!
The only difference between the digram on the PDF and my car, is the DCI intercooler needs to be removed, on my DI, the injectors are easy to get at without intercooler removal.
Good luck with yours, i shall keep you informed with my unit.
Now im confused, my xtrail isn't a DCI model however my intercooler still covers the injectors. Does yours not???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve here's the shots i've just taken of my 2.2 Diesel Sport, is your engine bay the same as this? You've got me going now :shock: Also i have found the Denso box you mentioned the plastic box under the bonnet passenger side??

This was the Denso box under the bonnet i found

Please let it stopped pooring down so i can fit the DTUK unit

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cliffy, yes thats the same engine bay as mine, if you look from the drivers side under the intercooler, you can see the injectors and they are easily accessible with the intercooler on

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ofat1 said:
Cliffy, yes thats the same engine bay as mine, if you look from the drivers side under the intercooler, you can see the injectors and they are easily accessible with the intercooler on
True, this will be very interesting now as im running a Denso ECU as well :shock:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Neil, at the workshop today, fitted the PDI system, heard about your problems off Andrew, we spent quite a while getting the box settings right, as this box differs from the way it delivers "extra", the box has different "maps" flashed onto it, as to cars system and users wishes, mine set for towing, see how it goes?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ofat1 said:
Neil, at the workshop today, fitted the PDI system, heard about your problems off Andrew, we spent quite a while getting the box settings right, as this box differs from the way it delivers "extra", the box has different "maps" flashed onto it, as to cars system and users wishes, mine set for towing, see how it goes?
Wicked stuff, Andrew called and said you was a happy customer

He's gonna call me tomorrow to have a sort out, i only tow a jet ski but i think mine will be near to your setting

thanks for the update
Neil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.