Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to have a new wheel bearing on the front today at my local Nissan Dealer. Haven't got the tools to do this myself yet, so wasnt cheap.
They pointed out that the front pads and discs were getting low. So I have just ordered a full set, front and back, of EBC green stuff pads and discs from ebcbrakesdirect, found a voucher code and got 15% off the price bringing the whole lot to £270.
Hopefully they will get here midweek and give me something to do next bank holiday weekend.
Will post some pics of the swap over if I remember to grab my camera.

·
Registered
43 Posts
jme.73 said:
Had to have a new wheel bearing on the front today at my local Nissan Dealer. Haven't got the tools to do this myself yet, so wasnt cheap.
They pointed out that the front pads and discs were getting low. So I have just ordered a full set, front and back, of EBC green stuff pads and discs from ebcbrakesdirect, found a voucher code and got 15% off the price bringing the whole lot to £270.
Hopefully they will get here midweek and give me something to do next bank holiday weekend.
Will post some pics of the swap over if I remember to grab my camera.
I had my discs replaced recently and they found one of the psitons in the caliper was sticking which had warped the disc. (its a longer story than this but not interesting!!).

Anyway, they couldnt get the piston to move so had a new caliper fitted as well. :bigcry:

What I'm trying to say is, while you have the pads out, grease up the piston in the calipers. Might save you in the long run. :thumbs:

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi only just joined forum so looking through old messages can you tell me what exactly is ebc green brakes ? i did look at a site that was offering vented discs and harder pads but the price was something crazy ! and yes i`ve had the sticking front caliper as well , has anyone else noticed its always the nearside one ? ease rubber on pot back and give it a little spray of wd40 cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Changed my front pads for EBC Greens a few months back when I too had a sticking nearside caliper. My discs were fine, so left those as was.
Does seem to stop more effectively now, so I can only presume they work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi guys these do sound worth getting when next replacement due , so anyway my wife reversed into the garage last night , the door to be exact !!! anyone know a good source for rear lens !!!!

G

·
someoldbloke said:
hi guys these do sound worth getting when next replacement due , so anyway my wife reversed into the garage last night , the door to be exact !!! anyone know a good source for rear lens !!!!
There is a Near side lamp on eBay item 390151698435 don't know which side you need?

·
Registered
16 Posts
And Brakes generally:

Brakes International (see website) can supplu all brake parts for XTrails. I will have to go for new front discs, pads AND calipers soon. BI do their callipers on an exchange if unbroken basis so the cost is mitigated. Has anyone done this using BI's parts? I had some rear discs from them a couple of years ago and they have been ok but not wonderful, being rust-prone.
:?:
IUTLS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts