Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anybody had a ecu unit fitted to a X-Trail 2.2 sve di,I have been told this may help me with the black smoke i get when putting car under pressure mainly when towing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
We have a 2.2 di 52 plate that smokes badly particularly when going up the gears 1 - 3. We had ecu replaced on the advice of the nissan garage and it made no difference. ££££ouch Still looking for a solution. Any suggestions welcome.
On the motorway it pulls fine but struggles under about 2500 rpm for local driving.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
It may help to get an exhaust gas analysis report. This will tell you what is causing the smoke, e.g. engine oil being burnt in the cylinders = worn engine; does the engine use oil? Or excess diesel being injected in the cylinders = faulty engine computer, sensors or injectors - do you get poor fuel mileage? Or lack of air = inefficient combustion - blocked air filter, faulty turbo, intercooler. Excess diesel causes smoke because there is not enough air (oxygen) in the mixture to ignite all the diesel. The smoke is pure carbon, which will cause a build-up of black deposits. If you leave this problem you may end up having extra costs due to a knackered catalyser etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts