Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that I need to clean my EGR valve to correct a light throttle problem I have, can anyone tell me how to clean the valve, (on top of the exhaust manifold with 2 pipes leading to it I presume), and what to clean it with, will brake cleaner be OK, any advice appreciated. :roll:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I have been experiencing light throttle problems with my T31 173dci. Hunting and hesitation, is that what you have been getting? If so looks as if I will have to check out my EGR valve.

If you have to clean the valve I suspect it will involve a degree of scraping as you will have to remove carbon deposits that have built up. Don't know of any solvent that will help.

It is worth trying a shot of BG244 from www.powerenhancer.co.uk as this is supposed to clean the EGR valve of carbon as well as the injectors, piston crowns, cylinder chambers and DPF. It certainly sorted out my DPF. However, if I do have a problem with my EGR valve it will probably be mechanical or electrical as I have just used the BG244 to clean out my DPF. I have had the symptons for over 40K, started at only 11k so don't think carbon build up on the EGR valve is the problem. Garage doesn't have a clue, get fobbed off at each service.

Good luck, Regards: Kelba1946.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I posted this some time ago,and have since cured the problem, I tried injector cleaner first, but no different, so I dismantled the EGR valve and carefully cleaned it with brake cleaner , once reassembled I found the problem 99% cured, hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.