Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’ve had my 2018 X Trail for a couple of months now and have been enjoying driving it. However I am experiencing some electrical problems after plugging in a little inverter in a few weeks ago into the rear 12v socket.

The inverter was brand new and ran for about 5 minutes when it stopped. I then also noticed that the windscreen wipers had started and the head lights had turned on both of which were in auto. Now neither of these work properly in auto. They just turn on and stay on. I have also noticed none of the interior lights are working.

This evening I went through and checked all the fuses to make sure non were blown. The only one that had blown was for the front 12v socket which I plugged the inverter into after the rear one stopped working.

Has it damaged something or is there more fuses somewhere in the rear? Any help would be greatly appreciated as using the wind screen wipers is a real pain when they are either full on or completely off.

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
BCM or the IPDM. Maybe the dealer service can reprogramm them again.

The inverter is too powefur. If possible, I would make a powerful socket straight from the battery. That means pulling new wires and like 20A fuse. You have to remember that 120W in 12V system pulls 10A The rule is W/V=A.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts