Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, very new to all this forum stuff so bear with me & help would be appreciated.
Bought a 2004 53 plate x trail sport 2.2 dci (facelift i believe) only 9 days ago. Driving home the engine light came on & it went into limp mode. Turned ignition key off then back on & its ok for a few mins then goes again, so i took it to a local garage & the guy used to work for Nissan & said it was the suction valve on the rear of the pump had gone. Bought a new one of those & a full service (inc fuel filter) & its still the same after £340!! Bit miffed as the fault code now says the pump has gone!!
Bought another pump from ebay as it said it covers 2003-2007 models & the no. on the pump is different to mine!!
My pump:16700-AW401
294000-0121
11E 01610
New pump:16700-ES60B
294000-0471
Any ideas if this new pump will fit?
I do like the X Trail but a bit miffed about this so called common problem & now £660 out of pocket & the car is still the same!!
Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
pdd28 said:
Hi everyone, very new to all this forum stuff so bear with me & help would be appreciated.
Bought a 2004 53 plate x trail sport 2.2 dci (facelift i believe) only 9 days ago. Driving home the engine light came on & it went into limp mode. Turned ignition key off then back on & its ok for a few mins then goes again, so i took it to a local garage & the guy used to work for Nissan & said it was the suction valve on the rear of the pump had gone. Bought a new one of those & a full service (inc fuel filter) & its still the same after £340!! Bit miffed as the fault code now says the pump has gone!!
Bought another pump from ebay as it said it covers 2003-2007 models & the no. on the pump is different to mine!!
My pump:16700-AW401
294000-0121
11E 01610
New pump:16700-ES60B
294000-0471
Any ideas if this new pump will fit?
Unfortunately for you the pump you bought off ebay is the wrong one.
Your pump No:16700-AW401 and the Alternate pump is No:16700-AW402 production date 09/03 To 04/04.
The pump you have bought from ebay No:16700ES60B is the pump for production 11/05 onwards.
Can you return it back and say it's not compatible and was listed wrongly. Just a question why are you having to pay for these repairs surely you have some sort of guarantee for three months.

Take look in your private messages in box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for replying umbongo.
I feel as though I have been a bit stitched up because i signed a disclaimer saying i knew the vehicle was faulty when buying it but the garage said it wasn't anything serious just a faulty sensor or something!!
Anyway I am where I am now & have been in touch with a place called Feathers of Halifax who sound as though they know what their are on about because they re-con all the faulty Nissan fuel pumps apparently & they were very helpful, saying they thought it might be something to do with the fuel rail but they need to hook it up on the laptop to make sure????
I have looked through this forum loads aswel & think I will take the EGR valve apart & clean it as this seems to be troublesome & also throws the car into limp mode aswel. I have today put a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank aswel just to eliminate everything i can.
Failing all of this its upto Feathers to get it sorted once & for all hopefully. Then its a letter to the garage I bought it from for their thoughts.
Anything else I can try at home to fix the problem?
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
The company Feathers seems like your best bet like you said, I did read about them a while ago, but I can't think where it was now, but they know their business and should sort it out for you.
I've added this jpeg file for you to send with your returned pump or you can attach it to a email to show that it's the wrong one supplied. As for anything else you can do try changing your fuel filter as this can send it into limp mode too.
Link
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1498

Left click mouse to open up file.
FUEL PUMP ASSY.jpg

p.s check your private messages in box

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi - have an 05 sve with the limp home mode problem, started 12 months ago,noticed it always seemed to occur at lowish revs usually about 40 mph going uphill. Took the car to my local garage who checked the computer and said it might be the fuel pump, various options ...... but even the £2000 pound fix might not guarantee fixing it.
being a bit on the skint side, didn't do anything about it, had one or two other suggestions which seemed more plausible about the accelerator transponder being faulty.........still did nothing......now 12 months on, and had no problem for the last two months.
Has it gone right on it's own????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.