Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it came on 2 days ago but the car did not go into limp home mode so carried on driving deciding whether to go back where i bought it from (60 mile round trip still under warranty) or my local privately owned back street garage (he has looked after me well over the years).

i took it to my local guy so he could hook it up to his computer and see what the problem was so i could make a decision on that. picked it up last night. it was a sticking egr valve which he took out sprayed it with something and said if it happens again take it back where i got it from. chances are it wont happen and was probably a one off. charged me £30 and off i went. it would have cost me more for the 60 mile round trip in fuel and time so i am happy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the story now. it came on again a few weeks later so took it back to where i bought it from.

they said it couldn't be a sticking egr valve because the car would stop.

hooked it up to their computer and surprise surprise a sticking egr valve. it took them 4 days to redo software(quite why that needed to be done i don't know) and free off the valve. (my mechanic says i should get a new one).

anyway i have driven the car for about 3 weeks and the same problem has arisen again. i rang the garage and demanded a new egr valve be fitted, they said it can't be the egr valve because the car would stop if it was sticking :headbang: :headbang: , bring it in and we will look at it for you .

i can see this going on and on and on. i have better things to do

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bomberh69 said:
sorry for hi jacking your post but if i were to buy one of these engine management code readers where do they plug in?
2.0lt 2002 petrol model
They don't work on the Diesel models, they only work with the Nissan Xtrail T30 (QR engine) so don't waste your money.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
car been back in. they are saying that it will need a new egr valve BUT because it is an electrical item they only cover the first £100 with their "complimentary 3 month warranty" and i have to pay the rest. to say i was livid is an understatement. i was told if i took out their extra warranty at the time of purchase (which i wasn't offered) i would be covered. i quoted the sale of goods act to them and even spoke to trading standards (who were helpful) they said write them a letter stating sale of goods act and my grievances. so i have, but to their head office.

i am awaiting their reply

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a few emails to their head office then onto their sales directors. I have finally had a reply. they will give me a new EGR valve but i have to get it fitted myself. not a problem. my local garage can do that for me :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.