Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i hope someone can help me. my 04 plate 2.2 dci has in the last couple of days shown an intermittent problem it happens at any speed or gear and manifests itself as though the car is struggling for fuel with shuddering /jerking but within a few moments it passes. the engine management light doesn't come on. anyone any ideas :bow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem last winter (Jan 09) with my 55 plate X Trail and the problem seemed to get worse the colder the weather became. Visited local X Trail dealership in Preston Lancs and they told me that as the weather gets colder diesel starts to thicken and that in all probability the fuel filter was starting to get blocked thus restricting the flow of diesel. According to the service schedules the fuel filter wasn't due for changing, but I have to concede that changing it sorted the problem.

Hope this helps.

Bernard.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
boney said:
hi
i hope someone can help me. my 04 plate 2.2 dci has in the last couple of days shown an intermittent problem it happens at any speed or gear and manifests itself as though the car is struggling for fuel with shuddering /jerking but within a few moments it passes. the engine management light doesn't come on. anyone any ideas :bow:
Most likely water in fuel filter check How To section T30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.