Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My 2010 T31 Diesel Tekla has developed in intermittent Engine Vibration that only occurs after driving on the Motorway for over an Hour. most of the time the engine runs a smooth as silk .
the vibration starts to occur at around 2500 rpm when driving up hill or acceleration. but then gets worse and worse as the journey continues. The following day its back to normal again.
Anyone had the same issue or any ideas what causing it? eg timing , sensors, coil etc

Please see attached video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a lot unfortunately. as the car runs perfectly when cold and the issue only occurs after an hour of motorway driving. they did not find anything wrong. they checked all the oil levels and checked over the entire drive train. They did say there was a slight wobble on the crank pulley, which is now booked in to be fixed. but I am not entirely convinces that would cause the vibration. Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not a lot unfortunately. as the car runs perfectly when cold and the issue only occurs after an hour of motorway driving. they did not find anything wrong. they checked all the oil levels and checked over the entire drive train. They did say there was a slight wobble on the crank pulley, which is now booked in to be fixed. but I am not entirely convinces that would cause the vibration. Any Ideas ?
Sadly no - I think mine may now be sorted as propshaft!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
My 2010 T31 Diesel Tekla has developed in intermittent Engine Vibration that only occurs after driving on the Motorway for over an Hour. most of the time the engine runs a smooth as silk .
the vibration starts to occur at around 2500 rpm when driving up hill or acceleration. but then gets worse and worse as the journey continues. The following day its back to normal again.
Anyone had the same issue or any ideas what causing it? eg timing , sensors, coil etc

Please see attached video.
Hi chapmanlg,
Did you get to the bottom of this fault ? My diesel T31 x-trail (2008) has recently developed the same.
Engine vibration and loss of power (progressively getting worse), but only after lengthy motorway driving.
Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts