Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 model t spec 2.2 d
When i accelerate to about 60 in 3rd gear the engine stalls as though it is hitting th rev limiter but it is only at 3500.
I then change up and it is ok until the revs again get to about 3500 in 4th and it stalls again.
Any one ideas as to why this is happening please
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
could be in "limp home mode" varoius things can cause this problem. Engine ECu prevents engine from harm by limiting the RPM. You need to get it checked by reputable workshop with diagnostics. The diagnostics will usually tell u what is wrong. I had the same problem with a 2005 56 plate. MY fault was in the fuel pump.

cheers

Ray

G

·
Hi David
I'm having the same problem with my 2nd hand 2006 Columbia. From cold...goes like a train...do the magic 10 miles and wallop!! I'm doing well to get over 2500 rpm. Leave it 1/2 hr and it'll go like a train again!!

Been to the doctors for a week....Cured?...Nope!! I have my "favourite garage" and trust them and THEY were convinced they had cured it, but a run up the motorway today proved they hadn't!.

I am terrified to use main agents as past experience with these tells me to give them a wide berth unless anyone knows to the contrary.

I also, would be obliged for any pointers

Besr regards

Richard

G

·
Dave

Trawling through the forum....several folk mention that they have changed the fuel filter and it's done the trick. I have to say, I haven't and it really should be one of the first things to do.

Mine will have to go back this week to the "doctors" and I'll get them to change mine which "Should" have been done, I would have thought, on one of the services....BUT....the main agent should have cured the front brake squeal on our, now almost 2 year Honda....but they never did!!

Richard (COG) Cynical old git!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.