Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
airflow meter problem, could this be the cause of the problem with my 03 diesel x trail,i have just had the egr valve replaced but still have black smoke when accellerating,approx 81,000 on clock,can anyone give me some advice! thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi welcome to the quiet forum.

There could be any number of reasons for the smoke injectors dribbling, have you done all the usual diesel filter change etc.

egr valve check it's working before replacing cos they don't often fail. turbo begining to fail can cause the excess smoke.

Mine smokes under load on steep hills especially when I change down due to towing my box trailer.

hope this place livens up soon and we get some expert xtrail mechanics along soon.

Cheers H

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our 53 reg XT smoked badly from new and it was only after new injectors were fitted at a garage in Spain that things improved
It was never as good as later 2.2 diesels that we had or the current 2.0 diesel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got this problem when the intercooler failed on my 55 dci model, eventually it became very obvious due to the oil running down the side of the engine. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
troot said:
I got this problem when the intercooler failed on my 55 dci model, eventually it became very obvious due to the oil running down the side of the engine.
As far as I have been able to ascertain, this intercooler problem only affected later (DCi) diesels, and not the 2003 model. The later ones had a higher pressure turbo to boost the power of the engine. I believe this led to many turbo failures and leaking intercoolers. So much so that Nissan had to extend the warranty to 5 years for the affected vehicles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the intercooler replaced on mt 1st XT which was one of the first out
You could smell the cooking oil on the engine when it was hot :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts