Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just upgraded my wife's X-Trail to a newer model (2009 Arctix Expedition with 2,150 miles on the clock) and I am investigating extended warranty options. Her previous X-Trail is owned from new and we took out the Nissan extended warranty (40,000 / 2 years extra) for about £700. On 1st September this year the same warranty went up from £839 to £1,509! That's an eye watering amount. I am thinking of taking out a Warranty Direct LuxuryCare warranty at about £350 a year. This seems on the face of it to be quite comprehensive. Does anyone have any experience with this warranty?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 40,000 mile, 2 year extension from Nissan now costs £1,509. That's a huge premium. The Warranty Direct policy also covers up to the purchase price of the car, and includes cover for wear and tear. I was hoping someone on here might have direct experience of Warranty Direct and how good they are at settling claims.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi just read your post regarding Waranty Direct when my x tail was three years old in march this year I took out a policy with them at a cost of £200, In June I had a front wheel bearing problem they where very helpfull told me to take it to a garage of my choice when it was repaired I had to pay and claim the money back from them got a cheque from them three weeks later for the full amont less £50 excess. You have to keep to the service schedule, I think it is good value and covers every kind of problem you can have. Hope this helps Regards John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a policy with Warrantydirect for £271 to cover my 2006 Aventura DCI. No claim so far but you need to check carefully what is/isn't included. I also have a service plan with Nissan cost £627 for 3yrs including MOT fee.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been quoted about £950 for a service plan covering three services. Interestingly this adds up to about £30 more than the same garage currently charges for the three services added together. It certainly seems like servicing the 2007-on model is more expensive than the pre-2007 model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, just got a quote (with hagglin and pregnant pause's) for Warranty Direct LuxuryCare warranty....they gave me an additional mth, egr valves, air bags, emmisions should be extra included. Gave me a 10£ discount for cat cover.....Total £310. I Thank you :boxing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would seem that all these charges are negotiable. The original quote for three services on my car was £975. When I pointed out that the fixed price servicing costs on the Nissan site amounted to £437 for three services they revised my quote down to £627 and included the MOT fee!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, these prices only apply to cars over three years old. How curious. I wonder how they relate to the standard M1, M2 & M3 services, and if using this fixed price offering maintains the validity of a Nissan extended warranty covering the car up to 5 years old? A question for my Nissan dealer I think.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The warranty in the Netherlands is (I believe) 3 years or 100.000 kms. 12 years for rust (from the inside!) and 3 years paint warranty. Further: the lawbook says,that the manufacturer is responsable for parts that last not long as they should last. I guess there's a lot of difference between countries...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.