Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not yet an owner but very close!! considering a 2008 T31 173 Aventura Explorer 12,000 miles. Thundercloud
It does not have the extreme roof rails, with integeral lights fitted.
I really like the look of the roof rails, are the lights very good and would it be worth the expense of a retro fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a X trail T-Spec with roof lights. Probably only used them 1/2 dozen times in 18 months. They are bright however they can only be used when lights are on full beam. Not sure I would spend cash upgrading to br honest.
55degreesnorth.

·
Registered
671 Posts
On the rare occasions that I have used mine, the lights are very bright & clear, but unless you are on the moors in the middle of the night, they can't be used for too long before you meet another driver from the opposite direction.
I think they look great, but the additional roof rack bars are expensive both to buy & have fitted. I dread to think what the aftermarket price would be!

·
Registered
671 Posts
marksparks999 said:
they are for off-road use only... you could find yourself with a fixed penalty ticket for using them on the road!
As most people would have dipped their lights as soon as another vehicle's lights were seen, surely a policeman would not be such a meanie :sad: to award a ticket for use of these lights on a country lane? :whistle:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Personally, I find the eXtreme bars rather ugly...and the concept rather odd...(but then that's just me).

As others have already pointed out, does limit your crossbar choices, too.

Aitch

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I like them too. I stick my light up at several sites but the go price (second hand) is over 400 €... :frown: So, I think I do without! Beam is good enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.