Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a load of plastic fasteners on my T31 holding stuff down in the engine bay and the undertray, I can undo them by pulling the centre partially out then levering the base out of the hole, easy in the engine bay but fiddly when under the car. The handbook showas a tool for removing these fastners, anyone know where to get the tool from and if you can get replacement fasteners.

Nissan main agent I suppose??

·
Registered
706 Posts
the fasteners are pretty standard through out the motor trade, i would take one to a motorist discount shop, they will be cheaper than the nissan delers, as for removing them i use a pair of pliers
but you will be able to get a proper tool, try a motorist discount shop

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bryno said:
There are a load of plastic fasteners on my T31 holding stuff down in the engine bay and the undertray, I can undo them by pulling the centre partially out then levering the base out of the hole, easy in the engine bay but fiddly when under the car. The handbook showas a tool for removing these fastners, anyone know where to get the tool from and if you can get replacement fasteners.

Nissan main agent I suppose??
Hi bryno, the tool you see in the handbook is a Nissan service tool and not available to the likes of us who want to do things themselves, all you need to do is buy yourself a good trim removal kit from ebay. The clips are available as well on ebay, just click on the link below this is the right clips for the XT.

Clips link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Bumper-Pus ... arParts_SM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.