Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys and gals,
Anyone out there recomend a fault code reader/diagnostic fault reset sytem for the T31 (presume its a Nissan Standard). Either a stand alone device or software and connections that can be used with a laptop.

Cheers

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bryno said:
Does that mean that the Gunson tool sold by Halfords for reading and resetting codes wont work on the T31?
Hi bryno, it may read them, but may not give you the function for clearing them. Nissan and other vehicle manufactures all have different systems and cost two grand or more for garages to be able to work with your engine management system and they usually have a subscription yearly for updates to the system too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Umbongo I havent looked at the spec of stuff sold by motor factors, I'll do some research on what's out there re diagnostics I was hoping to get some software and and interface to a laptop but as you have said elswhere the "official" stuff is only worth having for commercial use. I know some independents around here who have the equipment/software so if needed I'll probably have to use them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.