Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share this rare moment with you all that I've found a gem of a dealership :gathering:

This rare find is Westway Nissan in Coventry. My 57 plate (T31) 2.0 Diesel X-Trail was due its M3 (37.5k) service and I dropped them an email asking for a price for the service. Within a few hours I had a reply stating the cost for the M3 service is £349 :shock:, I emailed back saying that I've been quoted £322 (independant garage using genuine parts). They then replied saying they could do the service for £296, I then asked if the price could be dropped to £280 :?:

Not a problem :thumbs: plus they'd collect and return the car. Well yesterday they collected the car as promised and I was dreading the phone call saying this or that needed doing.......Phone call came, X-Trail already and would be returned in 30 minutes pending payment :bow: "There are just 2 things", the voice on the other end said :shock: There were 2 recalls on the X-Trail, Steering and Fuel Tank, they've sorted the Steering recall but the because I had a full tank of diesel could I rebook this in when tank is 1/4 full. :cool:

So they returned the X-Trail and its been valeted inside and outside, and the fuel tank recall has been booked including the collection and delivery plus another valet.

Could this all be a dream :bow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
It must be something about westway. I have just bought from westway manchester and again found their service spot on. All the west ways are owned by Nissan and so I would suggest they can afford to be more generous than franchise dealers. I saw the adverts for the (imports) and was tempted to go to Crewe. Glad I stayed at home now due to Westway Manchester matching (near enough) the import price for a new UK model.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Oddly I was talking to a guy on Friday who used Westway Coventry for his X trail and had bad service. I suspect there is a degree of luck involved on who actually does the work.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
chrisuk said:
Oddly I was talking to a guy on Friday who used Westway Coventry for his X trail and had bad service. I suspect there is a degree of luck involved on who actually does the work.
Three years ago I had trouble with Westway myself I won't go into it, but I'll never use them again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to Westway Basingstoke. I had the brakes checked a few months ago cos I thought the pads looked thin and was told they were fine. 4 months later (was in the US for 2 months so not driving) it failed the MOT for brake pad wear. It needed new discs and pads at 23,000 miles. They then forgot to complete the MOT so had to go in the following day. They did the wrong service (major vs minor) but they take £100 off when I got irritated! Just discovered today that they have not stamped the maintenace book; hence the rant! Previously they have been ok with me; agree its hit and miss but after this experience I am half expecting the oil to fall out of the car because they forgot the sump plug!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All first post!
I went to WestWay Manchester around 6mths ago with my o7 sport 173 exp. I'd noticed the front disc were scored at 19000. Initially they said they would skim them but after I huffed and puffed a bit they contacted Nissan and I was given a replacemant set as a good will gesture and I asked If I paid for new front pads would they fit them for nothing...They agreed.

My wife and I have a static up in the Lakes and the car was due it's M3 whilst we were up there around the 6th Sep. I'd rang round a few dealers In greater Mancs so had a idea of the price... I contacted J Edger in rowah frizington west Cumbria and I got the service for £295 with Fuel and Pollen filter replaced and a MOT.

They provided a brand new Qashqai as a courtesy vehicle...
They were really great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.