Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Im after some fog lights for my 07 plate 2.2 dci, can anyone suggest a company? Also are these lights connected into the lighting stalk where the rear fogs are, or do they have their own switch fitted next to headlight & door mirror adjusters

Thanks

Tess

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, sorry, I'm almost a year late replying, but I have been threatening to do this job for over a year and finally am doing it shortly.

If you don't have fog lamps already, just plastic inserts (like mine), you will need a complete fog lamp kit.

Two types available

(1) Genuine Nissan kit which includes lamps, relay and new stalk with extra switch.

(2) After market kit which includes lamps, relay, separate wiring loom and separate switch.

(1) Is a bit neater as you plug into the existing cars loom ( the wiring & plugs are already there for the lamps and relay) so no extra wiring needed , also the lamp switch is integrated into your new stalk, There's a pdf with the Nissan p/n at this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1254
I'm sure (2) is fine also, just maybe a bit more work.

Kits for (2) available on ebay for about £130, occasionally also you might find a (1) kit on ebay, I just snapped one up for £95, but I think this was a bargain, expect you may pay more from a dealer. Note there are also individual or pairs of lamps available on ebay, but theses are replacements for damaged units and don't include fitting brackets, relays, etc.

I will take some pics and post them up when I get the kit and do the job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've bought a set ref NS048 £92.00 from Direct 4x4 on ebay that comes with a separate switch. I've got an auto electrician coming next Wednesday to fit them. I'll let you know the result

Tress

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tess said:
I've bought a set ref NS048 £92.00 from Direct 4x4 on ebay that comes with a separate switch. I've got an auto electrician coming next Wednesday to fit them. I'll let you know the result

Tress
Thanks, they look like a quality item, and I'm sure an auto electrician will have these fitted no problem.

Actually I think these were the kits I had in mind that I mentioned in my post, I'm in Ireland and the shipping cost was + another £30 for these which was why I was thinking about £130.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tess said:

Tess
In case anyone is thinking of buying these, I had to send these fog lights back because they did not fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.