Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my new 58 reg X-Trail;

Should I buy Nissan carpet mats, Nissan rubber mats or go for some other product?

I saw some Nissan X-Trail carpet mats in a car at the dealers, the rear ones seem very small and likely to slide under the front seats. Are the Nissan rear rubber mats bigger than the rear carpets?

Also, what do people protect the load area with? I have seen a carpet cover and a couple of rubber/plastic covers in the X-Trail accessories catalogue but it is not clear if they can both be used with the 'false floor' in place or not?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adding to my own post;

I bought Nissan mats from a Nissan dealer via Ebay; it was quicker, easier and cheaper than trying to get through to the parts dept of my two local Nissan dealers!

I chose rubber mats for the footwells (the rear mats are much bigger than the carpet ones) and a 'carpet' mat for the load area.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had mine delivered with carpets, but stowed the front ones for safe keeping & used Halfords H.D. rubber mats instead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi

I got a T30, with genuine nissan mats with decals too......lovely things - even better they were a pressy !!!
For the boot i have a non slip mat from tesco's but would love a moulded boot liner.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
My X-Trail came with a set of Nissan rubber floor mats. The driver's side mat is the only one that will ever wear out, so I hope Nissan list it as an individual part (some hope!). I don't have mine in the car most of the time. I fit them when I know I'm going somewhere 'dirty'. The rest of the time, the car has a £5.99 set of loose mats. When they look seedy, they can be chucked and replaced with pocket change. There's a weight penalty to having the rubbers in the car- the set of four weighs many kilos, which can't help fuel cons.
I bought a boot floor protective cover from the Nissan dealer. It wasn't cheap, but it won't wear out either. Just one leaking milk carton or dirty oil container will justify the expense! It's a bit slidey, so I made a non-slip mat to lie over it out of a roll of that silicon stuff I bought somewhere.
IUTLS.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Does any one know of a web site ,where i could buy rubber driver and passenger mats,and a rubber boot liner with an inch or so lip round the side, i have had alook on ebay and nearly all the liners are universal fit, which is not what i am looking for
thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Have genuine Nissan rubber mats in front I bought from the dealer - a pair of carpet mats in rear (non Nissan from a previous car) and a boot liner I bought fomr Leisureshack (ordered online). This is a moulded plastic liner with lip so can take wets boots, etc. Can't remember how much but not expensive. www.Leisureshack.co.uk
DO NOT order rubber mats from carmats4u as they really stink of rancid rubber - had to throw them out as couldn't drive with the smell from them - cross between old rubber and cows muck! :bigcry:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks for the Link Vandy,just placed one on order, and i ordered a rubber mat set for winter time fron a company called holdcrofts,

Silver is the picnic rug waterproofed backed? :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well both companies are on the ball both the mats and load liner arrived on tues, i have not seen them yet but i had mats from holdcrofts for my qq,genuine nissan mats,( and i am taking Vandys word that the load liner fits :lol: ),i am sure it will fit perfect, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You won't have a problem Dave - with the boot mat I only had to make a template of the boot area and cut off all the bits that didn't fit - only takes about 2 hours!
PS, only joking - it just went straight in - no cutting involved.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Vandy said:
You won't have a problem Dave - with the boot mat I only had to make a template of the boot area and cut off all the bits that didn't fit - only takes about 2 hours!
PS, only joking - it just went straight in - no cutting involved.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: like your style Vandy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't know if this helps, and it's probably too late now anyway, but I found the best solution for the cargo area was a normal rug cut to length for when the seats are down. All the tailor made liners I saw did not do this. Rugs tend to be heavier than normal carpet therefore they do not curl. When the seats are up, I just roll the rug to the back of the rear seats. The rug is clipped to the edge of the hinged floor using flat metal type bulldog clips, therefore the floor can be raised without moving the carpet. Works for me, and it was free, and my dog does not slide around. Nothing worse than a dog through the side window :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts