Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I stupidly took my eye of the guy in front as I was entering a roundabout - he stopped and I went into him. The bump sounded bad but he had no damage so was happy to drive off - thank goodness for decent people. I thought I had only suffered a hairline crack in the centre of my front bumper, but when I later checked under the bonnet there is a cross member behind the bumper that is bent into a flat V shape, having evidently absorbed the impact.
I think I know the answer, but is this something I can ignore or is it an MOT fail?
Crossing fingers....
Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had the front end of my exey taken off by a hit and run driver on a roundabout slammed into my car and carried on with bits of bodywork flying off about £3000 thank the lord for insurance although I will have to pay the excess. The other car was an old peugot 206 wih for sale sign in the window.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Umbongo said:
Looking at the drawing which one is bent ?

Thank you very much for this very useful information. Mrs [email protected] just had a run-in with a short but stout bollard at McDonalds and apart from a broken numberplate there appeared to be little damage. I opened the bonnet however to find that this part, number 5 in the diagram, is no longer as straight as it once was. Radiator and air-con components look fine luckily.

New number plate in place already, and I will remove yellow traces of paint if possible later. Knowing the bent part was not structural is a weight off both our minds, so thanks for the info!

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.