Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people :biggrin:

just about to pick up my 2001 2.0 sport x trail its fitted with front fog lights but they aren't working
i was told by the people i am buying it from that these were fitted as standard but were never wired up when new is this true :?:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yea, they didn't connect the brake lights or the horn either - NO -of course it's not true! If the car was supplied from new with fog lights then they would be connected and in full working order. If the car was supplied without fog lights there would be "plates" on the holes and the wiring would be in place - but wouldn't have been fitted with a fog light switch on the lighting stalk.
So, your homework for tonight:
Check to see if there is a fog light switch on the light stalk - it's a rotary control just down from the main light control. If there isn't one there then the fog lights were not factory fitted. If it is there then the lights don't work!
Seeeemple :smile:

Hope this helps?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, following on from the OP, I have a 52 plate Sport. It has the light stalk as shown in the photo in a previous post in this thread, but blank plates where the fogs would fit. Can I assume then that the wiring is all in place and that I can use the lights from non-nissan kit? I had thought that the standard stalk fitted to the car didn't include the fog switch. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.