Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having replaced the OS lower wishbone assy last year beacause of a worn ball joint, I now notice that the rubber dust/grease cover is split. As I am rather reluctant to pay out a further £120 to replace the complete wishbone, just for the gaiter, does anyone have any bright ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hmmmm sames happened to mine ... Bu**er ... Only fitted it in jan/feb let me know if you come up with one might be worth trying Milners :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone got an old wishbone I can beg or borrow, cos i need to try various boots on one, and I dont fancy strippng mine in a garage forecourt just to check?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
The Mad Hat Man said:
Has anyone got an old wishbone I can beg or borrow, cos i need to try various boots on one, and I dont fancy strippng mine in a garage forecourt just to check?
I took a photo for you and have taken the dimensions, but remember that the 53mm vertical measurement that enters the arm casting has got maybe another 6mm or more to be added where it sits inside the socket. Hope this helps you :thumbs:

Lower ball joint dust cover
Left click mouse to open jpeg file

Lower ball joint dust cover dimensions.jpg

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.