Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Newbie here, I've had a 06/55 dCi Aventura (22K) for a week now, and have the following questions after my first 300 miles, apologies if they are the same as everyone else asks:

1, Fuel consumption, first re-fill showed 31 litres for 230 miles = 33.7mpg using Tesco diesel. This was from about 150 motorway miles at 80 'ish' and rest in town. Is this about right?

2. rpm vs mph, I read somewhere that in 6th it is supposed to do 30 mph per 1000 rpm (90 mph = 3000 rpm), mine is lower than this, 3,000 rpm = 85 mph? Tyres are 215/60 x 17 with anout 7mm tread left.

3. Whirring fan sound from dash when crawling in traffic, but each time you stop and the revs drop to tickover, the fan noise drops with it. Is this normal?

4. Sat Nav upgrade, I have the birdseye version, single slot DVD player, is it easy to get updated map software and can I play normal DVD's on it?

That's enough for now, thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm fuel consumption sounds a little on the high side.

Try slowing down a bit on Motorways, see if that helps :biggrin:

Not sure on the revs versus mph thingy, must have a look at mine.

Whirring noise, most likely the heating/air con fan, seems to be a common problem, next time you hear it turn the fan off and see if the noise goes away.

cant help with the sat nav, although I have seen other discusussions around here on it, (try the forum search option)

Oh and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi stevie747,

I too have a Aventura diesel. I recently bought another motorbike on e-bay and
had to go to Grimsby to fetch it on a trailer.

It was a 280 mile round trip, I put 30litres of fuel to fill it back up when I got home.
This equates to 42.4 miles per gallon. I was well pleased but note I didn't go over
60mph as I was towing the trailer.. Will be trying the car this weekend with the
caravan on so will be interested to see how it performs.

Regards
akastiggy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave B said:
Hmmm fuel consumption sounds a little on the high side.

Try slowing down a bit on Motorways, see if that helps :biggrin:

Not sure on the revs versus mph thingy, must have a look at mine.

Whirring noise, most likely the heating/air con fan, seems to be a common problem, next time you hear it turn the fan off and see if the noise goes away.

cant help with the sat nav, although I have seen other discusussions around here on it, (try the forum search option)

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Cheers,

The whirring noise happens even when the fan's turned off, anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Steve747,

The mpg does seem a bit low, I have average around the 37mpg on my 55 plate 2.2 dci. I will admit that I do have a bit of a heavy right foot sometimes. I have also got it above 40 mpg on a trip up to Donington Park, 6th gear. cruise on at 65 to 70 mph.
There is a bit of software I use on my iPod Touch called Road Trip, that lets you input the fuel data, litres, number of miles, cost, etc. I have been using it since the start of the year and filled up with shell v-power, bp ultimate and normal tesco diesel and it seems to show tesco gives me the best mpg, even though the others claim better figures.

The 30 mph per 1000 rpms is an average but not precise, the same figures were mentioned in my Focus ST manual, so if it is slightly off I don't think it is a problem. 60mph at 2000 revs on the flat will not be the same revs going up or down a gradient at 60 mph.

Not sure about the whirring noise,might be worth popping the instrument cover off and running without it for bit to see if you can trace the noise. It just pulls off towards you.

The Sat Nav upgrade is real confusing issue, there are a couple of threads on here and on other forums about what can and what cant be upgraded easily. Hence why I want to change my unit for an aftermarket system.

Jamie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers,

I'm not sure about pulling the instrument cover off, I've just got the car from a Nissan dealer with a years parts and labour cover, so I'll leave it to them, I just needed to know if it was a common noise.

I'm a bit confused how the rev vs mph can be variable depending on your driving, unless the clutch is slipping.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yep got the noise too...seems to be front passenger side for me-might even be in the engine compartment but not sure. MPG seems ok similar to mine 56(07)2.2 dci T30, but yes mpg does drop quite abit after 70mph. With 1400kg caravan on does about 30mpg after a 2k mile trip last summer.

Sat nav can upgrade just need to check EXACTLY what model and disc you have before looking around but main dealer price is about 450 to 500 ....ha ha ha ha ha some other genuine copys seem to be about for around £50....

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robbo said:
yep got the noise too...seems to be front passenger side for me-might even be in the engine compartment but not sure. MPG seems ok similar to mine 56(07)2.2 dci T30, but yes mpg does drop quite abit after 70mph. With 1400kg caravan on does about 30mpg after a 2k mile trip last summer.

Sat nav can upgrade just need to check EXACTLY what model and disc you have before looking around but main dealer price is about 450 to 500 ....ha ha ha ha ha some other genuine copys seem to be about for around £50....

Rob
Cheers, my noise is also the passenger side, guess it's normal then.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
stevie747 said:
Robbo said:

Rob

Thanks for your help.
don't know if its normal but we both got it.... :headbang:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robbo said:
stevie747 said:
Robbo said:

Rob

Thanks for your help.
don't know if its normal but we both got it.... :headbang:
I'll check with the dealer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts