Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Hello to every one, first post so please be gentle.

Have a 2006 06 plate Columbia 2.2dci, had it serviced from new at the dealer but can not find any evidence that the fuel filter has been replaced, the XT now has 33'000 on the clock and is doing 60 miles a day 5 days a week, 70% being on the motorway

How difficult is the job and can anybody point me in the right direction for good quality parts not at dealer prices or is it worth me taking it in and having my wallet molested.

Also been reading some posts, turbo failures, problem sumps, clutch smells, fuel pumps, just a little worried, wanted this car to last and not cost but looking at repair costs it's the other way round.

No Problems yet though, the car has been as I would of expected - Super Reliable.

Well that did not hurt a bit!

Tech 2008

·
Registered
186 Posts
ITS NOT THAT BAD....... But if you get a bad one then run the early turbos did give problems first sign is the intercooler, if it ok up to now you should be ok.....a fitter friend of mine said the turbos are not set at the factory so if it has a high boost pressure then it will blow. the same thing with the early fiesta rs turbos. i did have a 2005 dci sport with only 1200mls on the clock when i first had it the intercooler went a 7000mls did tow a large caravan with it. dealer did replace it then the turbo started to make the wrong noisesat 21000mls so it was swoped for a 2006 col, 2.5 with 19000mls had it converted to lpg ...happy days hope this helps...regards.mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers thanks for that, (thought I was on my lonesome in this forum) it runs OK it's just the fuel filter, bought a whole lot of info on DVD from a well known internet auction site, better than a haynes manual, all the info I need except for the filter, the fuel filter on mine is nothing like described in the replace fuel filter section.
Will just have to bite the bullet a get robbed.

Also the sump is starting to rust as described on someone's post so will need to look at that next oil change.

Use to problems my other car is a 1996 Discovery, everything can be fixed!!!!!! Well, apart from the wifes driving.

If you have columbia 2006 does it have the free sat nav and if so have you tried updating it with a newer dvd?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It does have sat nav and have not tried to update it .the disc sell on that web sitetoo...but guys that have bought them say that it will not work..... the sat nav is **** took us down a farm track in france with the caravan on the back that was fun :bigcry: will not trust it have a tomtom for work (hgv driver) and thats much better... ..guys that have changed the filter have had 1 or 2 probs after so beware...regards.mark

·
Registered
93 Posts
I changed the fuel filter on mine, but only because I let the tank get low and some rubbish got sucked up from the bottom. It's not really difficult but you do have to use a bit of initiative. It's not clear in the ESM but once you've done it you'll realise.

Got the filter from Halfords for 20 quid.

If you haven't already done it give me a shout back and I'll have a peek under my bonnet & try to recall the in's and outs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sulphur Man, not changed it yet, the filter has 3 connections and no drain or priming pump that I can see and is behind a bracket.

I will check out Halfords but we also have a good parts place in Doncaster that I have used in the past.

Silver25lpg

Would be interested to know more about the probs so know what to expect, sat navs been OK but not used a lot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The primer is the grey disc plunger on the top, I believe. The bracket and shroud need to be completely released from the firewall (one bolt is hidden by the front part of the bracket) and obviously the fuel lines undone and plugged. There are vacuum lines running across the top, and also the non return valve for the same. These should lift out of the way but should not be undone if you can help it.

The ESM (from memory) tells you to dismantle a few assemblies that are in the way, but it's not a long job by any means.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts