Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just joined and have had X trails for a while. I wonder if anyone can help please?

My 2011 showed both orange and red eml lights and stopped running. Restarting it just showed the orange light and ran perfectly. I had it plugged in and showed fault code P0089 Fuel pressure regulator. Is this similar to the suction control valve I replaced on my old T30?

I can't seem to find any specific information about this at all and would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
"DTC No. Trouble diagnosis name DTC detecting condition Possible cause
P0089 Fuel pump performance Fuel pressure is out of the target range
• Harness or connectors
(Fuel pump circuit is open or shorted.)
• Fuel pump
• Fuel injector
• Fuel filter
• Air mixed with fuel
• Lack of fuel
• Fuel rail pressure sensor
"
If i had this fault then i would check the hand pump and fuel filter connections or change it first. The hand pump life is ca 10-15 years, the oneway valve can go bad or small crack develop in to the rubber bulp. Inspect it first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"
If i had this fault then i would check the hand pump and fuel filter connections or change it first. The hand pump life is ca 10-15 years, the oneway valve can go bad or small crack develop in to the rubber bulp. Inspect it first.
I changed the filter and inspected connections etc. Hopefully this has sorted the problem. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts