Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swmbo been complaining she can't undo filler cap on our 55 plate 2.2 diesel,thought it was just an excuse to avoid putting fuel in. :headbang: But it has got quite stiff,even I 6'2" about 17stone struggled yesterday(ok I've got big hands which don't help)anyone else got this prob?Found a cure? :roll:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Hi woodsie, yes I've had the same problem as you and it's due to dirt build up around the filler neck and the rubber on the cap. I just took the cap off and soaked it in paraffin for half an hour while I cleaned around the filler neck with a paraffin rag you'll be amazed at how much muck comes off. :eek: Then take your filler cap out of the paraffin and give it a good shake and wipe it dry and leave it to dry out. Get a small jar of petroleum jelly and smear a little on the cap a wipe off and run some around the filler neck on a rag, be careful you don't cut your finger in doing so. That's it jobs a good one. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Umbongo said:
Hi woodsie, yes I've had the same problem as you and it's due to dirt build up around the fuel filler neck and the rubber on the cap. I just took the cap off and soaked it in paraffin for half an hour while I cleaned around the filler neck with a paraffin rag you'll be amazed at how much muck comes off. :eek: Then take your filler cap out of the paraffin and give it a good shake and wipe it dry and leave it to dry out. Get a small jar of petroleum jelly and smear a little on the cap a wipe off and run some around the filler neck on a rag, be careful you don't cut your finger in doing so. That's it jobs a good one. :thumbs:
This is quite a very helpful information because my friend did encounter this problem and we don't know what to do. Luckily, we found your post and give it a shot to try. After that, problem was solved. Thanks for sharing this and we appreciate your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.