Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has anyone been able to find a decent roof rack / cage to fit directly on to the rails (the normal black runners, not safari rails), or do you need to fit roof bars and connect the cage to this ? I wanna cage for camping but worried about them sitting too high if I put bars on first.

Also be interested to hear from any keen campers out there on what their best mod / addition for the x-trail is.

Many thanks

PT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. That is a is a great link. Interested in looking into the tents a bit more too, the new Airtop looks excellent (you'll get me trouble with the other half).
What I am after though is a rack that will mount direct rather than attaching to roof bars.
I've found some great looking safari type racks, such as the Cruz Safari, or the Thule Xperience, but nothing that fits direct to the X-trail. I'm mainly worried about the astetics / height of the rack if added on top of the bars. I'm also of the opinion that a direct fit would be more stable.
Thanks
PT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.