·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Vandy said:
Simple but does the job.

OPEN PDF FILE BELOW FOR PHOTOS

Vandy.
Hay Vandy.
Already did that. I was a bit more creative and mounted it in the glovebox before the driver. There is already a cigarette lighter available. I made a peace of MDF on the bottom of the glove box (Wood) an on top there is a square peace of Lexan (Plexiglas) which is very smooth. On the back of my TomTom is a (Don't know the proper word) vacuum sucker which hold the whole TomTom in place. It's adjustable, you can turn it, etc. So, the only "problem" left, is 12 V power. But thanks anyway!! Nice weekend (30 degrees here....)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you got your Tom Tom sorted Wimbo. I made the simple bracket as I only use the Garmin now and again so didn't want a fixture - plus I like to fill the storage box with lots of sweets!
Weather over here is not quite as warm but still a hot and sunny day. Would be interested to see what you have done with your arm rest as I am planning on strating to make one tomorrow.
Hope you have a good weekend too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't be tight.

By a vehicle specific Brodit mount, then get the specific sat nav or PDA adapter and bob's your Uncle, professional DIY fitting....

I have my iPhone mounted just left and below the Sat Nav and its excellent.

Brodit mounts come in various mounting location options and they sell numerous kit adapters.

Honest, I am sold, I have had them in the last 3 vehicles I own.

You can remove them when you swop the car which leaves no damage. (Or leave the vehicle mount attached but take the kit adapter with you to use in your new car with a new vehicle specific mount)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vipercon said:
Don't be tight.

By a vehicle specific Brodit mount, then get the specific sat nav or PDA adapter and bob's your Uncle, professional DIY fitting....

I have my iPhone mounted just left and below the Sat Nav and its excellent.

Brodit mounts come in various mounting location options and they sell numerous kit adapters.

Honest, I am sold, I have had them in the last 3 vehicles I own.

You can remove them when you swop the car which leaves no damage. (Or leave the vehicle mount attached but take the kit adapter with you to use in your new car with a new vehicle specific mount)
Hi Ian. It's not a question of being tight - I wanted a mount that I could lift out with the sat nav attached so that it didn't stay on view on the dash. Mine is just a piece of bent alluminium that slips between the dash and the steering column and works a treat. I only use the Garmin when the Nissan sat nav can't find an address so it's not in use too much. :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.